Rough week

Cindym82
Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
My endo said to call him if I have 2 weeks of feeling like crap in a row.....honestly since thursday I have felt run down and overly tired. I've done a little less exercise because of it and not sure if it's from me eating like crap sat/sun. Any natural remedies I could possibly try?? I really wish he would just put me on meds already

Replies

• tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    So,he gave you Vitamin D, right? The only thing I can think of is B-complex... it usually gives me a lift. I don't understand why he is making you wait -- that's stupid.
  • Cindym82
    idk but the hair thing is really starting to make me depressed...any suggestions on that? Every time i put my hair up I want to just cry
  • I was about to post with almost the same subject line... I'm having a rough week too. I was finally after a year feeling like me and actually loosing weight had normal skin and really felt good. Then I went on a short trip, vacation, which was nice, but I took a few days off counting my calories, but took my meds. In just under a week I put back on almost 10 lbs, and once again have no energy, feel week, have dry skin and hair, and don't feel like I'm me again.

I know my diet is critical, but life will be hard if just a few days of relaxing and not counting calories will set me back this much. Maybe I should bug my doc again?
  • Cindym82
    yeah i was starting to feel real good because i was trying to stay away from a lot of wheat and stuff and I went away for 3 days and omg do I feel like death now.....idk if i should bug my endo or not
  • toni14301
    toni14301 Posts: 18 Member
    I feel the same way. My meds have gone up year after year. I take a week off and all the weight I lost comes back....I feel the pain. Dr's have me on many supplements that are mentioned here. Vitamin D, Vitamin B, Sea Kelp (Iodine) - I am even taking a higher dosage of synthroid during the week Was bumped to 200mcg during the week and double dosages on weekend. Has anyone found anything that helps? I am tired of spending soo much time at the endo's office; counting calories; exercising outrageously; only to be heavy and tired
  • Cindym82
    I ended up calling my endo and waiting to hear back from him.....i'm just sick of feel like crap :( I was starting to feel good and now back to the same old crap
  • nspink
    nspink Posts: 65
    I know how you feel girl. Just keep bugging your endo!!! You wont feel better until you get more meds.
    Also are you getting enough carbs in your diet? I notice that when I use to go on a low-carb diet for a few days I start to feel like crap. Even more fatigue then normal. I hope your endo will reply soon and with some good news! Hang in there girl, try to get more energy from food. Maybe, try green tea too.
  • Cindym82
    hmmm ive always eatten low carb but this weekend I was higher in carbs and my crappiness increased lol, green tea is a good idea
  • Cindym82
    More labs again.....HATE THEM
  • tecallahan
    You can do it!! It's part of having thyroid disease -- being a pin-cushion!! :flowerforyou:
  • tecallahan
    hmmm ive always eatten low carb but this weekend I was higher in carbs and my crappiness increased lol, green tea is a good idea

hmmmm... when you increase your calories - try to make it mostly protein, not carbs. Or healthy fat - like avocado, nuts.
  • Cindym82
    it just annoying, thank god i get free parking at the hospital cause between copays and parking i'd be broke