Cocktails

Well, it's the first day of Spring! Why not celebrate... any low cal cocktail recipies?

Replies

• Audddua
    Audddua Posts: 176 Member
    Mojitos are a favorite warm weather drink at my house.

I go to the local farmers market to buy a big bunch of mint and make my own mint infused simple syrup. Equal parts sugar & water and a big pile of mint. Boil it down and strain out the solids. This only lasts like 10-15 days, but it freezes well.

Then all you need is clear rum, lime juice/wedges, soda water and more mint leaves for garnish if you'd like. You can control the amount of sugar when you use your own syrup, so you can load it up for your sugar fiend friends and go light for yourself. (Also some people prefer 7up instead of soda water, but we're trying to go low cal here right?!?)
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Strawberry Basil Margaritas

1 packet Crystal Light Margarita Mix
    1.5 quarts Water
    .5 Quart 100% Agave Tequila, I usually use a good clear one
    8 large Strawberries Sliced

Mix all ingredients together and place in the fridge for 4 hours and enjoy. If you don't want to wait, mash half of the strawberries to release the juice.
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Good call on the cocktails. Thanks for adding.
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Dirty Monkey

7 g unsweetened coconut
    1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
    3 Tbls DaVinci Sugar Free Kahlua Syrup
    1 shot vodka(I use Ciroc)
    1 Tbls Sugar Free Banana Pudding mix
    Ice for desired thickness

Tastes like a drink I had in Mexico without the 880 calories of the original
  • amberd239
    amberd239 Posts: 2 Member
    My cocktail of choice is a simple vodka with water and fresh squeezed lime juice. Its plain but its so refreshing.