Female Hormones affecting weight loss???

Options
zumbamommaof4
zumbamommaof4 Posts: 32 Member
UGH!!! I have been maintaining the same weight for almost 2 weeks. I know I am losing inches because I can see it. Plus my clothes are getting more loose. I went shopping this weekend and tried on clothes two-three sizes smaller than what I was wearing. I just would like to see the scale move. Another thing is hormones ( you know where I am coming from ladies) I seem to only loose weight during two weeks out of the month but it is usually like 2-4 lbs and then I maintain for about two weeks and then loose again. This is so frustrating!!! Anyone else have this problem??

I am currently doing South Beach Diet and currently keeping my calories at 1300. I was doing 1200 calories but I was starving and feeling light headed and weak so I upped it and feel a little better. I also do Zumba three times a week and on the other days I walk and do toning exercises (squats, sit ups, things of that nature). Any one have any ideas to help me see results?

I am thinking of seeing my DR to find out if something hormonal or something else is going on. Any positive help would be appreciated.

Replies

• rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!!! I will be 47 y.o. in May and my hormones and my other health issues are wreaking havoc with me.

So my weightloss scalewise is very slow, but my inches lost are doing really well. Since Nov 2011 I have lost only about 8 lbs, but I have lost 29" so far and that's what is keeping me sane!!!!!!!!!

I would definitely talk to your doctor and go from there.

Good luck,
    Anita
  • zumbamommaof4
    zumbamommaof4 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks Anita :) I guess if my fat clothes are too big now I should be happy. But oh how I want the scale to move :)
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Hormones can cause water retention. Maybe watch your salt around problem times. And hormones can truly affect your weight.

You may also not be losing much in pounds but it sounds like you're losing a lot in inches which is what really counts.