Excited to be a NEW member of this group!

Options
holly3585
holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
I joined yesterday, and didn't eat after my dinner last night!! Eating after dark is absolutely my downfall! While I can go a day or two (even in a row sometimes!!) without snaking and/or binge eating at night once my daughter is in bed........I will say I am a commited, at least 4-5 night a week NIGHT SNACKER. I feel very good about last night. Even though it was JUST one noght......a new beginning has to begin somewhere :)

Replies

• Milletp
    Milletp Posts: 81
    Options
    Congrats & let's see how nights in w row we can do it :-)
  • holly3585
    Options
    Yay! I am shooting for at least a few weeks before I 'cheat'!!!! I have already logged all my food for the day and workouts.......eager for dinner to come though :)
  • holly3585
    Options
    YAY for motivation! Just KNOWING that I was trying not to eat after my dinner meal, somehow made a bag of chips, or M & Ms, or really ANYTHING (I always rationalize that my high fiber cereal and skim or almond milk HAVE to be a good late night snack....right?! lol) buuuuut I chugged a bottle of water, and when the cravings were reaaaallly setting in, I realized, 'Hey- it is time to go to bed!' Night number two NOT EATING ANYTHING AFTER DINNER!!!!! and my weigh in this morning reflected with a wonderful little suprise :)
  • Milletp
    Milletp Posts: 81
    Options
    Great! Me too. I find if I brush my teeth immediately after dinner it helps.
  • holly3585
    Options
    Brushing teeth seems to be what a lot of people are saying! I am going to try tonight because Saturdays and Sundays are the hardest for me!
  • Shyhmim
    Shyhmim Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi ya, I'm new around here, very happy to join this group.

Whats the reason for not having food after 6? is it something to do with the body metabolism or generally no food after dinner? coz I usually have my dinner around 7-8pm as a general routine. Is that bad? should i bring dinner forward? =)
  • fullrunner
    fullrunner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Another new member here - so happy to have found this group as nighttime eating has ALWAYS been my downfall! My goal is to not eat after dinner (although that is sometimes after 6pm, but rarely after 7pm). I've read and believe that our bodies need that 12 hour fast to digest and rejuvenate. I'm also trying to subscribe to the idea of "feeding" my body instead of reacting to hunger. I hope that this group helps get me there. I would love to know what other people do to combat this bad habit!

-J
  • Pseattlegirl
    Options
    Isn't that funny....as soon as our kids go to bed we snack! What's up with that?
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I don't have any kids to put to bed anymore and I still like to eat at night. I think the habit was started when I had little ones though, as my way to relax and unwind at night. Some people drink, I eat.......it is all the same end result.......NOT GOOD!! I do not like to eat at night, becuase it seems I have no control and NOTHING really satisfies either. I truly think it is mostly emotional and a way to unwind, relax. I am trying to remember to do meditation/hypnosis that I am finding on you tube. They have some for weight loss and for relaxation that are really good. I am still trying!!! And I believe that I will quit this awful self sabotaging habit in time. For today, it is one day at a time...or should I say one night at a time. I am recommitting to this TODAY!! I want one day of not eating after dinner. Will you join me? Dyanna
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Made it through last night! While I am grateful 2 nights in a row will be the hurdle. I hope there will be someone who will be here with me!