post-op visit

Options
mfisher16508
mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
I had a productive day thus far I must say. Saw my surgeon today and he removed all my steri-strips, my incisions look great. I have infact lost 9 lbs since my appt, and I am happy with that.
We adressed me going back to work, which I do on the 9th of april, I allowed him (lol) to keep me off until after easter, you know for the benefit of my family. I know, damm hard thing to do.

I got advanced to full liquids with the go ahead to advance to puree next week, I also got the all clear on swimming next week. no major exercise until 6 weeks post-op...I do hav some minor restrictions with the back to work thing, but they were taken care of today. I swer I walked all over that damm hospital today and I am soooooooooooooooooooo exhausted and tired.

I ate a yogurt, yummo yummo yummo,,,banana cream pie it was awesome.

I drank my protein water and to be quite honest I dont like em that much, the tropical is good, but the rest are horrid, and even calling the tropical good is a stretch. I am glad to be able to have my shakes again....soooooo excited I am gonna make one now.

I hoppe you all have a great day.

Mary

Replies

• hhamilton1203
    hhamilton1203 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well that is great news! 9lbs is alot and it will just keep going up and up and up.... :D For me the hardest part was eating the liquids and mushy foods... once i started eating reg foods again it was all up hill from there. I am very excited for you... take the time to rest and heal, dont go back to soon- take your own advise (the advise you give your patients) :) Keep up the great work.
  • tessanne10
    tessanne10 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Great job! Remember one step at a time, and it will go by fast. Keep it up!
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I honestly dont know what I would do without you guys and my family...cause today kicked my *kitten* literally....I dont know if you all know but me, my hubby and 3 kids and 2 dogs moved in with my parents back in OCT, my dad had a stroke christmas eve of 2010, and well they are older (70's) and need our help, and we help them ect ect....soooo after my crazy day/morning, I came home and was feeling pretty dang ****ty, tired, lethargic and such, I took a nap and woke up to the wonderful smell of a whole chicken baking in the oven...OMG, that is my fave...I dont htink, even though it seems I am, thatI have been drinking enuff and that is why I feel soooo run down....I stopped the crystal light, and started more water and chicken broth, already feeling better, hada protein shake as well, and tbls of mashed potatoes and a bite of that chicken, and I am soooooooooooooooooo much better. soooo much.....I know I am still on full liquids, and I by no means plan do it again, but I needed something to chew, and and and it agreed with me, I am happy about that.

But earlier I was in tears, I was in the mindset of OMG WHY did I do this, I feel like I just had a baby, all 3 of mine were c-sections Ithink this is worse, honestly.

But I had to share cause you are like fam.

Hugs
  • tessanne10
    tessanne10 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling of wanting to chew something so bad. Stopped at the store and picked up a couple of cans of soup so I can have the broth from them.
    FYI Gas-X will help with the gas you may have. I picked up the meltable strips.
    Make sure your getting in the protein, that will definitely slow you down in all ways if not getting enough.
    Today I mixed the Nectar with 5 TBSPS Non fat Dry Milk and a Bariatric packet of Capuccino that gave me 38 protein. I have another one to do tonight as well.
    I have faith in you, your doing great! Keep it up!