Upping cals, weight drops at first, then nothing :(

Options
2»

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Listen I agree with Kiki, find out your meaintence and go with that. I personally experienced the bouncing up and down the same pounds when I needed more food.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Listen I agree with Kiki, find out your meaintence and go with that. I personally experienced the bouncing up and down the same pounds when I needed more food.
    I knew I had to go up because eating less before didn't cause a loss.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    thanks!!! I appreciate the feedback!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I knew I had to go up because eating less before didn't cause a loss.

This is where I'm sort of at right now, I'm worried that I'm not actually eating enough even though I'm eating around 1900-2000 a day. I've always suspected my calorie need might be greater than "average" as far as using formulas which is why I want to get my BMR tested professionally.

Thanks for the tip on the bod pod, I will look for that here.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Dawn- I would eat what your BMF says. If nothing else, go to maintenance & give your body time to stabilize. It's trying to do it anyway, & staying under that amount will just prolong the inevitable. Your body is trying to stabilize, but you will force it to instead plateau, as our metabolism slows to accommodate our eating levels.

In order to raise your metabolism (without exercise), you need to eat MORE. Check out the link posted earlier on upping cals to break plateaus.