HELP! Is this even possible???????

Options
Quel1970
Quel1970 Posts: 91 Member
Ok I have been cleaning like a crazy woman this morning and opps, TTOM came along. Well I knew it was near and yesterday when I weighed in I figured I had some water weight as I always seem to right before my TOM.

Just out of curiosity sake, I jumped on the scale.... it said 112.5lbs! THATS 4.5 lbs less?? Well, i didn't believe that lying little thing so then I got naked, clicked my setting (digital scale with analysis) and got back on....112lbs, 57% water, 22% body fat!

I still couldn't believe it so I got dressed and grabbed a 5lb dumbbell and got on.... 117.5 lbs.

I was so excited I did a little dance! But seriously, I'm I just setting myself up for disappointment if I record that info? Come next Monday official weigh in, I don't want to cry- lol

Your thoughts??

Replies

• JMarigold
    JMarigold Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly like you . . . I don't believe it when it says good things . . .

Last time something like this happened to me I changed the battery in the scale :laugh: but it remained the same.

It won't kill you to wait a couple days to record it b/c then won't have to record a gain during your TOM.

Although to be honest, when and where our bodies decide to keep and/or drop water weight is beyond me. I mean I have some of the causes in mind but the body still defies reason on occasion.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    This is the reason I weight once a month lol.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Happens to me all the time, lol. Depending on the time of the day, time of the month, etc...

However, I've come to realize that the lower # is typically the more accurate one, it's just hard to catch it because there are so many variables that come into play once we get up and about and carrying on w/our day, the water retention starts piling up.

However you weighed yourself, make sure its the exact same conditions for your next weight in. Pay attention to what you ate, time of day, workouts done the day before, etc. Recreate that same scenario.

But again, the "lower" number, is typically the "real" number. There are many factors that can make the scale say that you're up, but not as many in making it go down.....
  • Quel1970
    Quel1970 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your insight! I'm not convinced what the right number is. As long as I do not go up in body fat %, I wont freak out. That's my true goal anyhow- to lose fat, gain muscle, so who cares about the scale?

(I will say, for ME, I can't only weigh myself once a month. That's pretty much how I got into this mess. LOL Hardly ever weighed myself and when I did I thought, 'oh its only a couple of lbs'.... next thing I realized I was 20 lbs overweight.)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Kiki is right about that lower number...it is hard to catch with sodium, lifting, tom....I finally had a moment with just the right "no anything" and got a lower weight. I know it is right because clothes are fitting loser, body is looking more defined...this is just amazing. I'm on vacy right now and not sweating a gain and I will be weighing on Monday.