Gaps between stages

Options
thankyou4thevenom
thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
So there is going to be quite a gap between Stage One and Two for me. Due to illness I've been unable to complete my last AMRAP of Stage One and will need to try and get it done of Friday. The problem I have is fitting in the longer workouts in my 12 hour work days and due to my work shift I am now having to take roughtly 3 weeks between stages.

Should I do something else in between to keep my fitness level up? If so what?

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,994 Member
    Options
    I think it is okay that there has been a gap between 1 and 2. It is what it is, right??

I didn't do AMRAP at end of Stage 1....because I didn't see the necessity of it. I was comfortable that the program was "working", because my weights had been increasing as I moved through Stage 1. So, if your intention is to "finish" the program, then I think you can move right into Stage 2.

I, too, work long days and have had to move my work-outs around. They are a priority, though, and I am getting my lifting in 3 times per week. I know many other participants of the program who are doing it 2 x per week - and they are making out just fine.

Fitness is important - focus on getting your lifting in (Stage 2 times are still relatively *low* for time in the gym).