headaches and general aches and pains...medicines we can tak

Options
mfisher16508
mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
What can you take for a general headache, I have my narcotic pain med, I dont need that for a headache....what are we allowed to tkae

Replies

• pavshop
    pavshop Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Usually Tylenol. I was able to easily swallow an adult gel cap. I got migraines really bad after surgery. I ended up taking some prescription meds prescribed by the surgeon. They worked wonders. I went off the narcotics day 4. I think they were part of the headache problem.
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    ok so the pills are fine, gel ones anyways...cool. the narcs I think are the prob here too, even though I usually only take it once a day....thank you for the info, much appreciated.
  • kidskart
    kidskart Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If you have trouble swallowing the pills, my dr. suggested liquid Tylenol. Tylenol is easier on the stomach than other headache meds, and the liquid is easiest to swallow. Feel better!
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Is there a liquid tylenol for adults????? I just don't want to take several of the 'kids' cups to get the adult does. I hate swallowing pills - I usually put them in applesauce or yogurt and swallow. An adult liquid tylenol would just make my day!!!!!!:heart::heart:
    Christine
  • hhamilton1203
    hhamilton1203 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Check with your local pharmacy- they should be able to make it with an Rx. I know that my local pharmacy does it thats what i take. My Dr would rather have me take liquid and if thats not avail then a Gel cap breaks down faster and better in your body than a tab,
  • kidskart
    kidskart Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I purchased Tylenol Acetaminophen Extra Stength, Rapid Blast Liquid Cherry, 8 Ounce at my drug store. The Tylenol name brand is about $8 and the store brand generic is about $6.