New Keto'er here - need some friends for accountability

jjordizzle
jjordizzle Posts: 2 Member
I'm 20 years old and about 245. Tried to count calories a few times and it actually worked well but I fell off the wagon after 5-10 pounds. Luckily I've stayed around this weight for a long time now and am not increasing.

I would really like to get into Keto. Hopefully this motivation sticks with me in the morning. I've just recently moved on my own and am ready to finally start this.

I know it's going to be very tough for me but I feel like Keto is the right thing to do. I would say that this lifestyle decision sounds amazing - I get to eat meat, eggs, cheese, etc. but there's always that "You want what you can't have" feeling behind me. Hopefully adding a bunch of you will help me remain focused and on the right path.

Add me!

Also a quick thanks to crepes and the others on #ketochat who gave me a warm welcome instantly.

Replies

• bmchargue
    bmchargue Posts: 1 Member
    Starting keto sucks. You feel like absolute ****; you have to pee, like, three times an hour due to the amount of water you end up drinking; and you crave all the things you used to love.

I thought it would be Hell for me, but I'm almost two weeks in, down 14 pounds, and feeling great. Sure, I cheat every once and while, but even doing keto for 6 out of 7 days a week and you're doing something right. The key is to not think of it is as a diet, but instead as a lifestyle. Over time your eating habits will change, and when the time comes for you to reintroduce carbs, you'll find it's easier to avoid ****ty food choices.