OMG SOOOO SORE!

Options
Allegi32
Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
I did Day 2 yesterday, although I didn't get my second workout in (the Cardio DVD). I am so unbelievably sore! There is not one muscle in my body that doesn't hurt. I'm actually a little surprised because while I was doing the workouts, even though I was sweating, etc., I didn't think I was lifting heavy enough to be sore. But wow....if there is any doubt which muscles I was working, I can certainly feel which ones I worked now!!

Replies

• stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I also did day 2 yesterday but didn't get cardio done. I hear ya! My armpits even hurt, lol! I will be doing cardio back to back later this morning. Lord help me! :)
  • jacquiroxx
    jacquiroxx Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I did day 4 yesterday, so I'm another first week-er. I was SO sore up until yesterday. Now I just have little remnants of soreness in my chest. This morning when I was shaving my armpits, I noticed that they were tender when I put pressure on them haha.

Oh Jillian... I love/hate you so...
  • hartmom212
    Options
    Oh, glad to hear everyone is sore. I am on day three, week one, and I am really feeling it! I hope to get results I need!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Me, too! It's funny, when I started previewing DVDs last week, I wasn't that sore. Yesterday I did the Cardio DVD and this morning I was sore...and I don't think I worked any harder. Gotta love some soreness :).
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    great job :)
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    But it's a good kind of sore, right? LOL
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have found that on days when I am really sore that if I take 2 Tylenol about 30 minutes before the workout it helps. I have also found that even if you are sore, when you get in a workout, your muscles feel better.
  • samurphy23
    samurphy23 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This cracks me up and makes me feel better all at the same time. I am on day 3 and I agree, when I was doing the moves I enjoyed them and didn't think they were that bad. I am sore in all sorts of parts today. It is a good sore and I am really happy about it.

I have read a lot about the "suicides" and how awful they are, I actually don't mind them, it's the "running man" that I dread!

Good luck to everyone and keep up the great work. We are worth it!
  • wrapabar
    wrapabar Posts: 36
    Options
    Week 1 was killer for me, with the double workouts I was so sore. The first couple of days it really hurt just to sit down or to climb the stairs. I started to stretch more during the day after the workouts and it seemed to help. I don't think she has us stretching enough during these workouts in order to keep them all around 30 mins. Give that a try.
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    This cracks me up and makes me feel better all at the same time. I am on day 3 and I agree, when I was doing the moves I enjoyed them and didn't think they were that bad. I am sore in all sorts of parts today. It is a good sore and I am really happy about it.

I have read a lot about the "suicides" and how awful they are, I actually don't mind them, it's the "running man" that I dread!

OMG running mans are not my friend. Maybe this is tmi but just recently having a baby and doing those my bladder says no good, lol.
  • ged630
    ged630 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wait until week 3! I was so sore I could hardly walk! I can't even imagine phase 2. Hopefully phase 1 will have us all prepared .......good luck with the program everyone!!
  • myeatman
    myeatman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm super sore as well. Workouts 5 and 6 don't seem super hard until you can barely move some muscles a few days after.
  • myeatman
    myeatman Posts: 19 Member
    Options

OMG running mans are not my friend. Maybe this is tmi but just recently having a baby and doing those my bladder says no good, lol.

LOL, I have the same problem! I just stick a diaper in! :-)
  • cookieta76
    cookieta76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

Same here! I alter that move a bit - and try to remember to hit the ladies' room right before I workout. Thank goodness I'm not the only one! And the "suicides" aren't so bad for me either. I'm really enjoying reading what everyone has to say about each workout - I'm happy I decided to join the group.

Tanya
  • whiteorchidsmp
    whiteorchidsmp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I finished Day 2 yesterday and every part of my body is sore! It hurts just to sit down ;_; but it's worth it!
  • MrsRBS
    MrsRBS Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wk 1- Day 4 yesterday and super sore. My arms hurt, armpits, but most of all my legs/quads. Cant even walk up and down the stairs lol. And when walking, I walk like a big huge prego girl side to side cz of the pain (reminds me of when I was lol).
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've also been sore in my armpit area!! Glad I'm not the only one!! I am also on my first week and fininshed workout 2 last night and will be doing the cardio workout tonight. So glad tomorrow is my rest day! :)

I also have a love hate relationship with Jillian! I do love her saying - if you have the why, you can tolerate any how!
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    So just wondering what size weights everyone is using?? I used my 8s for most 5s for the lateral raises and the ones you do the chair squat with and 3s for the warrior pose.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    So just wondering what size weights everyone is using?? I used my 8s for most 5s for the lateral raises and the ones you do the chair squat with and 3s for the warrior pose.

are you on workout 8? man, the warrior pose is terrible! i tried it with 5 lbs today and had to drop one dumbbell on the second round. i try to use 10 for heavy, 8 for medium, and 5 for light, but on some things like the lat pulldown thing or whatever when you're in bridge, i had to REALLY push to use 8s today even though she said get your heavy weights (i know 8 is heavy in the program)... my arms, chest/sides, and abs are SO SORE from workout 7. i love it.
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It's the love/hate kind of soreness. Check out my blog...

http://phatsoslim.blogspot.ca/