Level 3

Options

Replies

• jnels
    jnels Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Tuesday evening. Day 1of Level 3. It was tough, I too wondered what's with all the jumping! I am still sore today but in a good way. I feel like I actually did something. So it feels great! Does that sound crazy?! I think this is my favorite level so far. I even had a dream of working out-now that's crazy! Lol
  • MandyMcAwesome
    MandyMcAwesome Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Today... Level 3, Day 3... is the first time I have ever told Jillian to "SHUT UP!" Yes, I realize I am talking to a DVD. But when she gets to the point of saying "I know you want to turn off the DVD... etc etc..." I wanted to punch her in the face. Is that normal? Does that make me crazy? Level 3 is my nemesis. I will defeat it.

Are you kidding? The number of times I have yelled "Suck it Jillian!!!" will never be calculated. Oddly, it makes me work harder. Like my irritation for her is making me push through everything. When I am done, and she has that smug "you are on your way to being shredded" face, I'm like " ya, and then I'm gonna take you DOWN". Who knew I was so scrappy?!?
  • MandyMcAwesome
    Options
    TIP - I have been using both hand weights for the dumbell cleans (is that what they are called) for greater resistance.
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I imagine myself punching Jillian with the weights while doing shadow punches.:angry:
  • JustACaJen
    JustACaJen Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for not making me feel like I am crazy for wanting to beat her down!!!
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    Today was my D1 in L3 and I felt it much easier than L2. I don't feel that sore, but I did all my moves like Anita. Tomorrow I'll try to do more moves like Natalie. When JM talks about those little dimples on the lower back, I'm like "I want those!" and it makes me do the move Natalie style.

When I say I feel L3 "easier", it doesn't mean I wasn't sweating, screaming and pushing myself, it's just I kinda like it more than L2.
  • Ttopeka
    Ttopeka Posts: 160
    Options
    I find it funny that you all imagine punching Jillian -- I pretend I'm punching Natalie! It's not fair that she can "cheat" as often as she does, feign that innocent smile, and still look that good!

Today was Day 5 of Level 3 for me. I still can't do the rockstar jumps, and today I didn't even try -- I'm always falling, it hurts my ankle, and I make too much noise. I can't help but SLAM back down on the ground with those, which I shouldn't do, as I'm working out when others are sleeping. So today I decided to forgo those in favour of other cardio moves while they were doing them -- I did jump ropes and butt kicks. I'm not sure what cardio move I should do in place of them. Any suggestions? I'm debating whether I should just do the jump squats for the whole 2 minutes.

My arms were BURNING at the end of strength in circuit 3. I really love the moves in Level 3 though...well, most of them ^^
  • Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what cardio move I should do in place of them. Any suggestions? I'm debating whether I should just do the jump squats for the whole 2 minutes.

Maybe you could do more jumping jacks or double jump rope?
  • MandyMcAwesome
    Options
    I do the knee lifts with the weights after the butt kicks because I just know I am going to loose a weight doing jumping jacks.
  • misslariss84
    misslariss84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think Level 3 is more difficult than Level 2, but paradoxically the time seems to go by much more quickly!

I find myself switching up weights a lot more in Level 3 (not sure if this is a good thing? Some of the moves just seem to easy with light weights, but others, like jumping jacks, would be difficult with heavy weights).

The "traveling push-ups" are probably the most difficult move for me; I had to drop to my knees for the first few days. Now, my form isn't exactly the best, but I'm off my knees at least.
  • nomayo
    Options
    I'm not sure what cardio move I should do in place of them. Any suggestions? I'm debating whether I should just do the jump squats for the whole 2 minutes.

Maybe you could do more jumping jacks or double jump rope?

I do the high knees instead of the jump rope or jumping jacks, but I move my arms like if I were doing jumping jacks. I look weird but nobody is looking hehe,
  • Ttopeka
    Options
    I do the high knees instead of the jump rope or jumping jacks, but I move my arms like if I were doing jumping jacks. I look weird but nobody is looking hehe,

Lol, I tried this one today -- definitely felt silly, but I liked it! Got both my arms and legs moving at the same time, but still was a different enough move to not feel like I've done it a million times before. Much thanks to you, and everyone else, for the suggestions!
  • JustACaJen
    JustACaJen Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Well, with being in the middle of finals, I jacked up my 30DS schedule a little and took Thurs and Frid off. So that means although I should be done tomorrow, I will need to Monday and Wednesday (Tues has no time) if I want to really complete my original planned schedule. You want to know a secret? I don't know if it is the stress of finals, or the beginning of boredom from working out at home in a hot room or the sound of Jillian's voice... but I am SO SICK of doing this DVD. This has been the LONGEST month ever. And while I FEEL stronger, I really don't know if I have had these "amazing" results everyone else has had. Part of me wants to call it done after Sunday, get on the scale on Monday and take my measurements and move on to the next thing. I could literally care less to hear JM's voice again for a very long time..... UGH.

I don't know what my final decision will be... but I just needed to vent.
  • get_fit_Milena
    get_fit_Milena Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love level 3, most of I love that when I tried to do it 3 weeks ago I couldn't but now I can! Well mostly. The 3rd circuit strength I have to do modified, those darn walking push ups! I am stuck like glue to Hillian, maybe for way after the 30 days. I am thinking I also need to eliminate sweets, except for a little 72 dark chocolate every now and then...thanks all for keeping me going....
  • get_fit_Milena
    get_fit_Milena Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That's hopeful!I hate doing them modified, that last circuit stew thru but I can't any other way. I know strength comes quickly, so I hope to be like you in a few days. Only have done 2 days of level three, 8 more to go!
  • Meloonie
    Options
    Day six of level 3 for me today and I managed to do the plank arm and leg raises like Gillian and Natalie! Woohoo! I did find it hard, but I did it. I'm hoping to be able to complete all of the jumping lunges next.......
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Well I was supossed to finish 30DS today, but took Sunday off (a pool party I attended on Saturday was too intense) so I'll be done on Tuesday. I was going to start Ripped in 30, but stupid post office lost my package:angry: I'll be starting 30DS till I sort this problem out.:grumble:
  • nomayo
    Options

Lol, I tried this one today -- definitely felt silly, but I liked it! Got both my arms and legs moving at the same time, but still was a different enough move to not feel like I've done it a million times before. Much thanks to you, and everyone else, for the suggestions!

You're welcome, ma'am.
  • Ttopeka
    Options
    Only one day left! Yikes! I think I'm going to miss it...
  • Meloonie
    Options
    Only one day left here too. I'm not going to miss the jumping lunges or plank leg raises! I am starting Body Revolution on Monday. I'm obviously a glutton for punishment.