Donkey Kicks

Options
lalfaro01
lalfaro01 Posts: 60 Member
So I'm in Phase 1 (restarted since I took like a week long break) and I notice that when I do the Donkey Kicks I get a cramp-like pain in the back of my leg around the back of my knees. Anyone else feel this?

Replies

• jacquiroxx
    jacquiroxx Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I do! I was worried, because she's talking about how the move shouldn't hurt & we can put our all into it, and the whole time I'm wondering what's wrong with me. It's such a weird feeling- not exactly pain, but definitely cramping.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i try to loosen up when that happens to me and focus on squeezing in my BUTT and not my legs. i also try to focus on squeezing right when my thigh is parallel to the ground and not throughout the entire movement.
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I get that pain when I don't have complete control of the swing of my leg. When it's a focused, deliberate kick, the pain goes away.
  • lalfaro01
    Options
    Thank you !!!
  • jacquiroxx
    jacquiroxx Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I get that pain when I don't have complete control of the swing of my leg. When it's a focused, deliberate kick, the pain goes away.

For me, it goes away when it's not a deliberate kick. If I take it easy and let it go naturally it feels fine.. it's when I try to put effort into it that it hurts. I'm gonna try to focus on my butt instead of my legs next time and see if that works.
  • lalfaro01
    Options
    I tried the deliberate kick and the pain is no more! I realized that I was just kind of swinging my leg back with no control or work so focusing on the glutes and driving my foot back really helped. thank you so much!!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Also, make sure you are EVEN on all fours and your hips aren't tilted~ improper positioning gets me all the time!:tongue:
  • lalfaro01
    Options
    haha, I noticed that too!!