It's working for me!

Options
A month ago I decided to try the eat more concept. At that time I also ended up hurting rib muscles in the gym and I have not been able able to exercise. I was really nervous about eating more and not being able to exercise. But after a couple of weeks I started seeing the scale go down. I have been over in my calories of 1800 everyday this week and the scale keeps dropping and this is without exercise. I don't eat super clean,but I'm trying to get better. I think the key for me has been eating frequently throughout the day. I try to get some form of protein in with each one of my snacks or meals. Chobani yogurt and Kashi meals are also working really well for me to get in that protein during the day. When I started "the eat more concept" my scale went up to 215.6 and this morning it down 210.4. For me this is awesome especially considering I haven't been able to exercise. So keep your heads up. Change will come!

Replies

• MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    Fantastic news! I plan on doing the same! I did raise mine from 1200 to 1400 but as soon as my book comes in The New Rules of Lifting for Women and after I read it, then I'm going to be raising mine more as well. Haven't yet because I'm going on a cruise in 10 days and will be eating whatever whenever for 7 days!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I am so scared to make the jump to 1900 or so which would be my TDEE-15%. Looking for tips on that now.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I am so scared to make the jump to 1900 or so which would be my TDEE-15%. Looking for tips on that now.

I would say just jump in and do it. Be consistent, net bmr on high cardio days, small meals 6 times a day, protein drink after workought(right after). Read what to expect when you up.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Fantastic news! I plan on doing the same! I did raise mine from 1200 to 1400 but as soon as my book comes in The New Rules of Lifting for Women and after I read it, then I'm going to be raising mine more as well. Haven't yet because I'm going on a cruise in 10 days and will be eating whatever whenever for 7 days!

Mary I wish you had upped to your tdee -15% before the cruise...reason being now you will eat way over and body will probably hold that weight and then you may talk yourself out of giving this a try. But you know I will be here to bug ya!
  • mabennett
    mabennett Posts: 53
    Options
    what is TTDE?
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Right now I am trying the BMR and seeing how that works.