Ask and you shall receive

Options
mrskaren0
mrskaren0 Posts: 31 Member
Each morning as I pray I ask God to bless me and each of you as we embark on our journey. Asking that he will empower each of us to make the right decisions throughout the day. And though, I am believing that he will strengthen each of us, it just amazes me when I realize he has just answered my prayer. For example, last Friday (date night) the hubby and I went to a place called Red Onion in Alameda, had no idea what type of food they served but I wanted to go. Got there and it was an all American 1960's menu with every comfort food you could imagine. That morning, I found myself subconsciously choosing this over that in order that my colorie intake would be able to accomodate my selections. As I drooled over the menu, I finally made my selection......Cheeseburger with grilled onions and mushrooms, small Onion rings and fried jalapeno rings with a diet coke. Now, as you can see there is nothing about that meal that says "DIET", however, when it was all said and done I realized that I had ate only half my cheeseburger, half the onion rings and a few jalepeno rings. After sitting there for 15 minutes or so, I realized I was STUFFED. However, I refused to feel bad because I had what I wanted. When I began to log everything in that evening, I realized that I had come in under my calorie goal, not by much mind you, but under. The weird thing is that I had made up my mind on the way homoe to hit the treadmill if I was over by more than 150 calories (a NEW mindset) in order to make up for it.

Each time I find myself making changes in my choices to accomodate my daily allowance I have to whisper a thank you to my God above for answering my prayer. Am I the only one experiencing this? Let me know.

Replies

• BeSheaNow
    BeSheaNow Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am sitting at my desk thinking the same thing and trying to figure out how to express it to you all at the same time. (another prayer answered) Thanks Karen!. I feel a contentment and self love that I have never felt before. Making better descisions and not beating myself up if there is not perfection. This journey is about so much more than food. And I praise God for each of you that I am sharing this journey with.

NSV!!!!

I wear a pair of pants that I could only zip up, not button. Been wearing them that way for a year...just the thing to do. So I put them on the other day(while (on my cycle) the normal way that I wear them (zipped not buttoned). Well after one of my many trips the release all these water glasses, I, without thought, zipped then buttoned them up. When I got to the sink to wash my hands I realized....hey! I buttoned my pants! I did the HAPPY DANCE in the ladies room!
  • drkristamiller
    drkristamiller Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    NO you're not!! I have been experiencing that for the last 4 weeks....The days I think I over ate, or ate too much, I still come in under..Or too see the results on and off the scale is amazing. I am finally gettin gto a place on my weight loss journey where I can see the road ahead and I like it.....it was a rough road to get there with hitting a plateau, inches not dropping fast enough, etc. I am now past that point and looking forward to reaching new goals past where I am now. I look forward to having a fit pregnancy and not gaining all that extra weight that "came from the baby" (yeah right). I look forward to fitting in size 12 jeans. My mind set now is even seeing how far I can go and I just may reach that 25 BMI that I was never striving for:)

I'm excited..about to start a new weight loss journey....pray for me as I start the "Insanity" Workout on Monday!! When you complete it and send in before and after pictures you get a T-Shirt that says "I earned it!!!"

Looking forward to wearing it on Casual Sunday in 2 months!!!
  • mrskaren0
    Options
    Oh my goodness!! Is that not an awesome experience? I just love the way God winks at us when we least expect it. Just to let you know He's got this under control. You stay on the journey and He will continue to reward you with a pound here and an inch there. I'm proud of you.
  • mrskaren0
    Options
    And Krista, I look forward to you proudly wearing your T-shirt on Casual Sunday in May. I love it, that may be our new moto......"HOW FAR CAN I GO?" The fact that we are dreaming about places we have never been or haven't been in 20 years says so much about how different this journe is. Guy's we are going to do this, because with God ALL things are possible. Even a 25 BMI :-)