why isnt the scale moving

Options
mfisher16508
mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
maybe I am over thinking this, but I am a week out of surgery plus a day and I just want the scale to move, at least below 230, 2 lbs away....Im exercising (walking) getting all the protein in and most of the water. Am I ahead of myself? should I relax? sometimes I tend to ovetthink, so my friends put my mind at ease.

Replies

• loribenfield
    loribenfield Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Give it time. I gained weight the first week then is started to melt off. Remember you will have times where it comes off easy and then slows for a while. It does get frustrating but it is worth it.
  • jmurphyaz
    jmurphyaz Posts: 35
    Options
    Plateau's happen and they happen more quickly than you would think. I stalled for 3 weeks, but now I am moving again. Down almost 30 lbs in 6 weeks. So stay positive try not to weigh yourself everyday and don't get discouraged. :heart:
  • jjomilligan
    Options
    It is ok, it WILL MOVE. Your body is still retaining water from surgury, and in shock over what just happened to it. You are only in the middle of this journey, you took the steps you needed and had the surgery, now concentrate on being healthy, not the scale. Easier said than done, Myself and everyone else here are living proof that it works if you work it. I personally weighed 370 lbs 2 yrs ago and lost 180 I know it moves :o) Best wishes to you and be patient, you WILL get there!!!

Jenn:flowerforyou: