Broken full button?

Options
I feel so much better eating paleo but how do I deal with the fact that I really could eat all day and not stop. My full button is broken, I have lost 100lbs doing medifast but I never feel full unless I am like after thanksgiving meal full. How many times a day does everyone eat? I really want to get to the point where I just eat when I am hungry not because of the time or just because. Ay suggestions. Thanks

Replies

• MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    How long have you been paleo?
    I usually eat 2x but sometimes 3x. I don't feel the need to snack other than habit - but not actual hunger.
    You might look at are you getting enough protein and good fat? that is what satiates me and sets my full button.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    It depends....I try and eat a breakfast of some type of eggs (sometimes its hard boiled, sometimes a piece of quiche I've made) and a protien...I also drink a full 24 ounce bottle of water first thing in the morning and have a cup of coffee... that keeps me pretty full - I may grab a small handful of nuts to snack on mid morning

lunch is usually a protien and veggies with a bit of fat...

more nuts....maybe a piece of jerky

afternoon snack...sometimes I forget to eat it because I am simply not hungry

Dinner is usually once again protien and veggies with some added olive or coconut fat for sauteing/baking

I think for me fats and drinking water satisfy me - so I wind up having a serving to a serving and a half of nuts a day usually and drink anywhere from 9-11 cups of water...
  • anima_gemella
    anima_gemella Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    It depends....I try and eat a breakfast of some type of eggs (sometimes its hard boiled, sometimes a piece of quiche I've made) and a protien...I also drink a full 24 ounce bottle of water first thing in the morning and have a cup of coffee... that keeps me pretty full - I may grab a small handful of nuts to snack on mid morning

lunch is usually a protien and veggies with a bit of fat...

more nuts....maybe a piece of jerky

afternoon snack...sometimes I forget to eat it because I am simply not hungry

Dinner is usually once again protien and veggies with some added olive or coconut fat for sauteing/baking

I think for me fats and drinking water satisfy me - so I wind up having a serving to a serving and a half of nuts a day usually and drink anywhere from 9-11 cups of water...

same here :)
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    I have been paleo on and off for the last 3months but full paleo for the last two weeks. I am perfectly fine with just a coffee in the morning and can go until lunch without any food but as soon as I eat something it's like that is all I want to do. Normally if I eat breakfast I eat eggs cooked in coconut oil. The worst part of my day is from 12:30-300 inbetween these time I want to eat everything I can find. I am a daycare provider and I think over time it has become habit at nap time to eat it is the only time I am not taking care of others and sometimes it is my only time to eat because I am so busy.
  • njdoll
    njdoll Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It took me a couple of months of full primal to figure out how to get my full button switched on. I never fully felt satisfied, could always use a snack, ate meals like clockwork.

I had to figure out that a very high protein/fat breakfast could sate me enough to skip lunch or just have a much later lunch. For me that is 2-3 eggs, with maybe a slice of cheese, and 2-4 strips of bacon or some sausage. My snacking has scaled way back now. I still eat 3 meals a day but that's okay for me.
  • bobspdx
    bobspdx Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat 3 times a day most days without snacking. Though some days I only have two meals. I tend to do really well with a high protein meal and some fat. If I feel a snack attack coming on, I will have some herbal tea with a spoonful of coconut oil. That seems to hit the spot and fill me up.