What about little exercise?

Options
My situation is that due to an extensive commute my daily routine includes little exercise (which kinda sucks atm...). Anyone else dealing with that and how has it affected your progress?

About 2 days a week I do about 20 min kettlebell (swings with 30 lb weight and building up) and abs/core work, but that is about all I can muster right now. Total desk job. Usual daily routine is minimal walking and most everything is left to weekends (shopping, cleaning, etc.) Weekends I play at least 1.5 hours tennis, plus about 1 hour walk beyond shopping/cleaning, etc. - can be more, but don't want to count on it.

Stats are 157, 5' 4", 45 yo female. Goal is anywhere below 140.

With 15% from TDEE it looks like I am at about 1600 cals with more on tennis days OR if I spread out the cals over the week, target should be about 1800 gross. Does that sound like a good place to start?

This group is infinitely inspiring and thanks for any thoughts/advice in advance!
TR

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    forgive me-typing with one hand today after a sleeping injury... don't ask lol

math works for all activity levels and will work fine if you put in info correctly. sedentary usually is for wheelchair/bedrest folks. if you do shopping, cooking, cleaning, walk occasionally then pick activity level one up from full sedentary. also you work out- track those with hrm since you are concerned and this activity level sounds like it will be changing for you based on the week.

don't worry about goal weight just yet- will be time for that.

sounds like you are on the right track. try a week at doing tdee every day and a week at tdeeing the week- see which you prefer :)
  • trosewine
    trosewine Posts: 88
    Options
    Thanks for the reply - just need some affirmation that I'm in the right direction. I'll see how it goes for a couple weeks and re-evaluate. :-)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    You kind of need to give it 4-6 wks at least to see what your body will do. Take a looke at what to expect whe you up.
  • trosewine
    trosewine Posts: 88
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes - thank you. Just meant try not to obsess about the scale for a couple weeks as I adjust. It's amazing how much of a mental relief it is to have just a couple hundred cals a day more. So less stressful. I can hardly imagine what I'll do once I have time to add lifting to my schedule.