What do you do on non-run days?

Options
nermal6873
nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
Up until starting C25K I've been exercising 5-6 days per week, alternating strength/circuit training with the elliptical. I know my body can't handle running on consecutive days, but I'd like to work out more than just the 3 C25K days per week. I just started week 2 today, if it matters. So, what do the rest of you do on your "off" days?

Replies

• Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym and do cardio Elliptical or Treadclimber & I also do some weight training.
  • lotte24601
    lotte24601 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yoga. The stretching makes everything else go so much better.
  • mjbrenner
    mjbrenner Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I lift weights using the Stronglifts 5x5 protocol. I like it for the same reasons I like C25K - it helps you build from very little foundation to real accomplishment.
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    while i was on the c25k program i would life only upper body or do jilliam micheals 30 day shred only focusing on the upper body.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I do New Rules of Lifting 4 Women on my "off" days.
  • lizo11
    lizo11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I do the C25K on MWF, bike home on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and then do either weights or Zumba, or 30 Day shred on the weekends, usually either Saturday or Sunday. I have been slacking on the weight lifting, and I need to get back into doing that.
  • Tim249
    Tim249 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I try to get to the gym to spend a little time on the rowing machine on non-running days. It's a great workout, and easy on the legs. They get a little worke--nough to work out soreness from the last run but still easy enough to give them time to recover.
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I do mountain biking, yoga DVD, zumba class, strength training, arc trainer, walk, i really try to vary it :)
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    I'm doing Ripped in 30, random upper body strength training, swimming and resting in addition to C25K. I was also doing the 30 Day Shred every day of the first month doing C25K.