Changes...

Options
Jessica1274
Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
The first part of this month I decided to start focusing on strength training, getting fit, and eating enough. I was getting no where trying to eat super low-cal and doing intense cardio. The scale hasn't changed much, maybe down a pound, although this month was the first time in I don't know how many years I didn't gain 3-4 pounds at my TOM. In fact, I lost a few ounces.

The biggest change has been I've lost 2 inches off my waist and 1 1/4 off my hips. In just three weeks! I'm feeling pretty good about all this right now. I'm actually okay (sort of!) with the scale. Sure, eventually I want to see it go down some more, but the changes in my body/shape are very encouraging. And, I'm not hungry and cranky. I feel strong. :-)

Replies

• shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! The loss off the waist is just amazing!
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    Good job on the inches. I am seeing similar results...I havent lost any weight but have lost about 7-8 inches (overall) from my body and I am eating a lot :)

p.s I workout hard too ;)
  • Jessica1274
    Options
    Thank you all!

It is hard work, but so worth it! I love strength training. :)
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Good job on the inches. I am seeing similar results...I havent lost any weight but have lost about 7-8 inches (overall) from my body and I am eating a lot :)

p.s I workout hard too ;)

Trust losing fat and possibly gaining muscle is so much better than just seeing a number go down on the scale.
  • Jessica1274
    Options
    I weighed in today. Down 2lbs!
  • ChristieStearns
    ChristieStearns Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    What you have to remember is that when you think "I want to lose weight".... are you really thinking "I want the scale to say XXX pounds" or are you thinking "I want to be smaller, look like this". (Yes it's for health more than looks, but what I'm getting at is if your measurements are changing and you are getting smaller, you are accomplishing your goal regardless of the number on the scale. You were trading fat for muscle so your body fat percentage went down. You got LESS FAT even though the number may not have shown that. I see you now got a loss and that is wonderful, but keep this in mind because your "goal weight" you have in your head may or may not be reachable if you gain more muscle... but gaining more muscle makes you leaner and smaller and that IS the goal! So don't worry toooooo much about that scale! Way to go!
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    What you have to remember is that when you think "I want to lose weight".... are you really thinking "I want the scale to say XXX pounds" or are you thinking "I want to be smaller, look like this". (Yes it's for health more than looks, but what I'm getting at is if your measurements are changing and you are getting smaller, you are accomplishing your goal regardless of the number on the scale. You were trading fat for muscle so your body fat percentage went down. You got LESS FAT even though the number may not have shown that. I see you now got a loss and that is wonderful, but keep this in mind because your "goal weight" you have in your head may or may not be reachable if you gain more muscle... but gaining more muscle makes you leaner and smaller and that IS the goal! So don't worry toooooo much about that scale! Way to go!

So beautiful to see that women are getting this...we have been trained to live and die by the scale. I finally don't care about the scale, I just watch the measurements and tone. The fat for muscle exchange is so much more important now. I may never see 147lbs again...if I'm 10lbs heavier but the same size then what does it matter...

Jessica super congrats on your loss.
  • Jessica1274
    Options

Agreeing with what your saying. This is all a little new for me. I've always been focused on the scale in the past. Now I am more focused on fitness, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like seeing a little downward movement in the scale. It isn't my main focus, but it does make me smile. :).
  • Jessica1274
    Options

So beautiful to see that women are getting this...we have been trained to live and die by the scale. I finally don't care about the scale, I just watch the measurements and tone. The fat for muscle exchange is so much more important now. I may never see 147lbs again...if I'm 10lbs heavier but the same size then what does it matter...

Jessica super congrats on your loss.

Thanks!