Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What do you do to push through your workout?

Cobehale
Cobehale Posts: 54 Member
So working out has never been a favourite past time of mine - I have been struggling to find a way to make it less arduous. It isn't that I find the physicality of it so horrible, it is the mental aspect. I get bored easily, I focus to much on how much time left I have, I start obsessing about all the other things on my to do list that are "more important".

What I have been finding working for me is
- listening to an audiobook instead of music - this way I focus on the story and the time flies by
- covering the computer screen on the treadmill so I am not distracted watching the clock

what works for you?

Replies

• Mijo88
    Mijo88 Posts: 69 Member
    You are going to laugh at this but to get through my workouts all I do is smile. When I'm stuck lifting a weight and it's getting tired I smile from ear to ear and all of a sudden the weight begins to move again. When I'm kicking my butt doing my cardio and I'm 20 minutes into a 40 minute session and it's getting really hard I smile. My heart rate drops and the motions get easier. I read in a fitness magazine years ago that it worked and didn't believe it until I tried it. When I smile I think about why I'm doing what I'm doing and how I'll feel when I get there.

Try it. I guarantee it works!

Cheers!
  • LouisAA1978
    LouisAA1978 Posts: 275
    i dont do any thing more than 10 to 15 mins at a time cardio 10 mins then strength then 10 cardio then strength 1 do 5 cardio and 5 strength that and when it gets hard i watch my sweat drop off and think every drop is weight loss
  • TammyLynne71
    TammyLynne71 Posts: 184 Member
    I either exercise with friends and we make it a contest. I hate to lose at something.
    or I exercise in front of a mirror.
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 845 Member
    Sometimes I post here, and say Im going to to X for 60 minutes or whatever. Having people know what Im supposed to do helps me stick to it.
    Or I just think about posting here in general, I like when people say wow great job, or whatever. It pushes me to go the extra mile and get a great burn.