What's next for your transformation?

Options
Whether it's lose more weight, change your diet, tone up, build muscle or start a new workout routine?

Replies

• connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    start working out period!! im almost ready to start!!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Well I've still got 45lbs to lose, but want to take thinks slow and steady as I want to get rid of my flabby belly and moobs.

I'm now eating maintenance for my goal weight, so that's still about 500kc/day deficit for the time being as well as swimming 4-5 times a week.

I need to work on my core fitness and do more strength training, but I'm a lazy *kitten* when it come to working out in the gym (give me a pool to swim in or a push bike to ride any day!) and fear I might have to find either a gym buddy or hire a PT for a training session, but might wait till later in the year, once I've lost at least another 20 lbs.
  • odownz
    odownz Posts: 98
    Options
    start working out period!! im almost ready to start!!

Woo Hoo! Keep us updated!
  • odownz
    Options
    Well I've still got 45lbs to lose, but want to take thinks slow and steady as I want to get rid of my flabby belly and moobs.

I'm now eating maintenance for my goal weight, so that's still about 500kc/day deficit for the time being as well as swimming 4-5 times a week.

I need to work on my core fitness and do more strength training, but I'm a lazy *kitten* when it come to working out in the gym (give me a pool to swim in or a push bike to ride any day!) and fear I might have to find either a gym buddy or hire a PT for a training session, but might wait till later in the year, once I've lost at least another 20 lbs.

I'm looking forward to see how you do! You could also have someone show you the ropes in the gym without having to pay a trainer, but for some a trainer is helpful. I'm to cheap for that! Keep it up!
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm working on mid section and butt. I lost a lot of shape in my butt, so I'm in the process of toning that. I also want better mid section as well. it's a little loose feeling.
  • odownz
    Options
    I'm working on mid section and butt. I lost a lot of shape in my butt, so I'm in the process of toning that. I also want better mid section as well. it's a little loose feeling.

That's awesome! Your transformation pics are amazing by the way!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to see how you do! You could also have someone show you the ropes in the gym without having to pay a trainer, but for some a trainer is helpful. I'm to cheap for that! Keep it up!
    I have a program the PT at my gym put together for me when I joined - I just don't have the patience or inclination to go up to the gym and workout when I can go into the pool and swim, swim, swim till my heart's content :happy:

That's why I need a gym-buddy or a PT to make me do my strength training :laugh:
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I would like to do a little body re-composition. That is, lower my body fat from the current 13% to less than 10% while increasing my muscle mass.

It's hard not to obsessively watch the scale. From a mirror perspective, I've lost just about all the weight I needed to lose. I just bought a bunch of size 32 jeans that fit fab. I don't want/need to be any smaller than that! My final goal weight, based entirely on the insurance charts, puts my healthy ideal weight at 177#. I was 185 today.

I'm not at my goal, but I can finally see it from here. I'm going to be just a little shy of my target. I had hoped to hit my goal by 5/17/2012, the one year anniversary of my healthy life.

Recently, I adopted the leangain.com approach to diet. Intermittent fasting. An 8hour daily feed window, while maintaining my restricted daily calories as I continue to alternate daily between heavy weight training one day and cardio (Insanity) the next. This approach is purported to allow one to preserve (or gain) muscle mass while losing fat. So far, so good.

:)