DAY 21 CHALLENGE & AFFIRMATION

Options
ShawtyLatina
ShawtyLatina Posts: 160 Member
Wow! I can't believe I just typed Day 21. This is it my friends. Our last full day together on the cleanse. Oh how I will miss you all. :(

Remember today is our juice fasting day, and tomorrow morning is our sea salt flush to get rid of any of those pesky little toxins hanging around. So where do we go after that?

After your sea salt flush tomorrow, take your time in reintroducing some of the eliminated foods back into your diet. You're system isn't used to processing whatever you've eliminated. We don't want to go and shock it. So stick with juicing or a smoothie for breakfast (this is especially important after a flush) and beginning with lunch re-introduce just one item into your system - but be gentle. So if you've eliminated dairy, start with non-fat versions with thinner consistencies (skim milk over full yogurt). If you've eliminated coffee, start with a caffeinated green tea or just half a cup of Joe. If you've eliminated animal proteins, start with white fishes or egg whites. If you've eliminated gluten, stick to wholesome versions of the wheat grain like barley, kasha, and spelt.

That takes care of the physical next steps. Now on to the emotional and mental.

Keep yourself on track with your goals. If we lose sight of where we're going, we'll never get there. Write yourself a mission statement and let it be your guide. No matter where you are, it will always bring you home. Keep it short and powerful so you'll remember it always. Place it where it's in your path visually at least once daily. See it, feel it, be it.

A SAMPLE MISSION STATEMENT
i commit my life to the pursuit of peace. Peace begins with my physical and mental well-being., it extends to my plate, guides all my relationships, personal, and business transactions, and decisions. People can't give me happiness; they can only share in my already present happiness stemming from peace.

FOCUS
Live in the present, expect the future.

POSITIVE SELF TALK
Knowing I am glorious just as I am, help me face the future with intention, integrity, instinct, and excitement.

AFFIRMATION
I am the embodiment of success today! I am a champion!

GOD POD MAINTENANCE & PHYSICAL CHALLENGE
Help your body release those toxins with a quick sweat routine and then a very long and focused stretch session. You'll just need about 15 minutes to warm up those muscles and then do your best impression of Plastic Man and go at it. Stretch. Stretch. Stretch.

TIP
Chia seeds are like little magic beads. Also known officially as Salvia hispanica, chia is a species of flowering plant in the mint family, native to central and southern Mexico and Guatemala. Chia, is familiar to most of us as a seed used for the novelty of the Chia Pet™, clay animals with sprouted Chia seeds covering their bodies. However, chia has tremendous nutritional value and medicinal properties. With over 27 key nutrients, Chia seeds have:

100% more omega 3 fatty acids than salmon
2x the antioxidants found in blueberries
41% of your daily fiber, more than flax seed
6x more calcium than milk
32% of your daily magnesium, more than broccoli
6x more iron than spinach
64% more potassium than a banana
more niacin than corn, rice, or soy
each seed is 16% vegetable protein
and all for less than 85 calories

Also known as the running food, its use as a high energy endurance food has been recorded as far back as the ancient Aztecs. If you try mixing a spoonful of Chia in a glass of water and leaving it for approximately 30 minutes or so, when you return the glass will appear to contain not seeds or water, but an almost solid gelatin. This gel-forming reaction is due to the soluble fiber in the Chia. Research says this same gel-forming phenomenon takes place in the stomach when food containing these gummy fibers, known as mucilages, are eaten. The gel that is formed in the stomach creates a physical barrier between carbohydrates and the digestive enzymes that break them down, thus slowing the conversion of carbohydrates into sugar.

In addition to the obvious benefits for diabetics, this slowing in the conversion of carbohydrates into sugar offers the ability for creating endurance. Carbohydrates are the fuel for energy in our bodies. Prolonging their conversion into sugar stabilizes metabolic changes, diminishing the surges of highs and lows creating a longer duration in their fueling effects.

Other benefits include increased energy levels, improved digestion, and better complexion. It can also tone your muscles, boost your mental sharpness, and allow you to sleep better at night. Chia is certainly the most convenient supplement that you can use to make sure that your body is getting all the nutrients it needs.

Take advantage of this powerhouse superfood just by simply adding a spoonful of chia to your next smoothie. Your body will love you for it.

Have an awesome 21th day wellness warriors. Till tomorrow...

Woo hoo!!!

Replies

• NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I'm sad that I didn't participate. :(
    I was deterred by not having a stupid good blender (mine broke). That is really not a good enough reason.