What to do about feeling in a fog?

journey1962
journey1962 Posts: 5 Member
I'm noticed lately that I've been in fog more when trying to concentrate on my work in the office. I check my sugars and they are where they are suppose to be. Does any one else have this problem? Thanks for all the information you have in this group it's very exciting to read from others with the same issues. :happy:

Replies

• Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    I've had brain fog from being anemic. I get them when my BS is high but if yours is normal that's not it. I've had brain for from hormones too. And sometimes it's just from being tired.
  • journey1962
    I never even thought about hormones. They took me off of estrogen, that could be a lot of it right there. I will discuss with Dr. Thanks so much!
  • Sharonks
    Yes, low estrogen is often the problem. I sometimes wonder if some of my fog is because I think I have less estrogen now that I had a hysterectomy. I kept my ovaries but I no longer have a lot of the bad PMS symptoms I used to have yet I know my ovaries are still functioning. I think some of it is just that without a uterus I'm making less.
  • journey1962
    That could very well be. The ovaries might not be producing as much as they use to also. So great to be a woman lol. I had hysterectomy several years ago and they put me on estrogen. Now I'm having heart issues so they took me off. Hopefully they can come up with something. By the way Congrats on the weight loss!
  • Sharonks
    Thank you.

Can you take plant based estrogen? I know some people have had luck with the soy based ones you can get at the vitamin counter.