Holy Snapping Duck S#!T

Options
AussieGem
AussieGem Posts: 96 Member
At the age of 23, I am morbidly obese at 269.5 (5'9"), for years I was that fat girl who ate 700 cal/day and then binged :cry: :angry:

For the past 2 weeks, I have been struggling with the concept of eating net 1200 ... then eating above my BMR at 2038cal :huh:

Then, as a bid to educate myself, I stumbled across this group where I did a bit of math:
BMR = 2038
TDEE = light activity 2803 ..... starting with light exercise (might take a while for me to get going :tongue: )
TDEE = moderate activity 3159 ..... what I will work up to...

Please I really need someone to clarify this for me:
1. I have to ensure that I always eat over 2038 NET per day :noway:
2. To start I have to eat (2803x0.85) 2382 per day :noway: :noway:
3. When I build up my workout activites I would have to eat (3159x0.85) 2685 PER DAY :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

Have I done this right??? ... WTF is this for real???

I have read around this forum and I understand given my current *clears throat* situation that I will put on a lot of water weight for 4-8 weeks as my poor metabolism stabilises. I was just also wondering if it might be beneficial for me to start off just ensuring that I net my current BMR (setting that as a goal and eating back the calories)??

I am aware that I am starting from the worst possible point, and also to add that I am fairly new to regular exercise so it might be hard for me to gage my activity level to correctly calculate my TDEE.

Any ANY advice is more than appreciated!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    HI :) *waves*

We're almost the same stats and yes- your BMR and TDEE calcs are correct. You don't have to jump into eating 2300 right off the bat- work up to it. Add 200 cals a day for a week (that's 1/4 a cup of pecans a day).

One good exercise I did was to enter in what a typical binge day looked like for me- I entered in all the soda, pizza, beer, snacks and chocolate I ate- I thought I was binging around 2500 cals- nope I was eating closer to 5500 cals. Could be a good metric for comparison and putting healthy eating in perspective for you.

I can't say what's best- I'll leave that to others. Just letting you know what's working for me. Great thing about us starting when we are is that we get to burn more calories from the same amount of exercise as other people. :D So there is a bonus in there at least!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Yes your calcs are correct. Try eating BMR at ratios of 40% carbs 30% fat and protein. You will need to eat back any cals burned. Then work up to the 2300 and then you don't need to eat back unless you burn more than 300. Try a good protein drink like jillian Micheals whey to help you get in protein...key. just start moving...park a little farther, try a walk to the corner. When watching tv just stand and punch...anything to start moving....keep us posted