Phase 1, Level II Meal Plans

Options
Hi! I am starting p90x tomorrow (Monday, March 25, 2012). I am a Level II and I'd like to do the portion meal plan since I don't always have time to cook. I'm looking to support others and get support myself. Can some Level II's post some of their phase 1 meal plans? I'm trying to get some ideas. Thanks so much!

Replies

• always4rose
    always4rose Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also a Level II in Phase 1, just finished my first week.

My 3 on/3 off, 12 hour work days don't leave me much meal time prep either so to stick with it I try to make my dinners ahead of time. I'll cook salmon in the oven while I am cooking turkey burger patties and chicken breasts in the George Foreman; while that's going I'll cook a big thing of brown rice. It all seems to get done around the same time and I usually use either fresh or canned veggies since I can drain them...so here's what it leaves me...

In six different (meal sized) gladware containers...

(x 2)
    1 - 4oz Turkey burger patty
    1C - Brown rice
    1/2 Can - Veggies

(x 2)
    1 - 6oz Boneless skinless chicken breast
    1C - Brown rice
    1/2 Can - Veggies

(x 2)
    1 - 5oz Blackened salmon fillet (from Sams Club...my absolute favorite salmon ever)
    1C - Brown rice
    1/2 Can - Veggies

Six meals in less than 45 minutes to an hours worth of time and I just alternate them throughout the week. The other snacky grab and go things such as cottage cheese, berries, protein bars/drinks, nuts, etc. were the easy part. Meals were the hardest thing to overcome so this was my best solution after hearing success from others who have suggested it.

Hope this helps!