WORKOUT ROUTINES.

Options
wifeyy
wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
Hi i am planing on Jogging 4x a week for about 40 min each time
I will be doing zumba on dvd 3x a week for about 40 min.

i might add 10 min strength training 5x a week too.

What are your workout plans for this challenge?

Replies

• aandbthomas1
    Options
    My plan is to swim 3 days a week and walk 4 days a week. I plan to add strength training later, but for now I want to stick with swimming and walking.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    My plan at the moment is to do P90X for the next 90 days to lose my last 30 lbs. I'd like to add running 3x a week to that as well.
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I plan to work out 6 days a week for 40 or more mins a day. Activity's will range from, walking, running, circuit training, zumba, gardening, or what ever new program I find to do as long as I move it move it :)
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    WellI normally I would say my pilates, my JM 30 days, My Tae Bo, some walks at lunch with this nice spring weather......but my foot is all gimpy atm and prob will be for the next month or two.

Any suggestions? I need to do something! Maybe I can do some of my pilates, some of my JM, and......I dunno what else. Open to ideas though!
  • Angiehankins77
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walk at home in the mornings and step aerobics at YMCA Tuesday and Thursday and Tae Bo.
  • MrsValentine
    MrsValentine Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am doing 30day shred and p90x, Zumba on wii and adding ripped in 30 in April, .. Just can't get enough of Jillian Michaels..Would love to add in Jogging or more outside workouts, but weather acting really funny this week..Good Luck
  • danni033081
    danni033081 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My plan is just to run longer burn more calories and make sure I get a work out in everyday.
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    My goal is to work out at least 60 mins at least 6 days of the week. The workouts I do are walking/running on the treadmill and I alternate between 5-6 different videos. I also take little walks outside a couple times a day. I normally aim for 50 mins a day so this is a slight increase for me. I usually aim to burn at least 500 cals a day so maybe I will shoot for 600 and see how I do.
  • completebeginnings
    completebeginnings Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Walk at least 30 min EVERYDAY. This used to be the norm for me 5 years ago and it will again. Zumba 2 days a week.
  • kasheayoung
    Options
    I have been doing this great workout every other day at the gym and I am in love with it! Inbetween the workout I try to do some type of cardio... I don't really want to do too much upper body because if I even slightly work my shoulders, my father gave me the glorious jean where my shoulders bulk up fast and I really look like a man....so avoid those types of exercises. But heres the work out that I've been adding too and switching around but so far its really rocked my world!

All of these exercises can be done with JUST YOUR OWN BODY WEIGHT! Guaranteed to make you sore in the morning if you do it right! Here’s the routine ladies!

10 min run - 7.0-8.6 treadmill (This is to get your heart rate up - push it)
    (3 X ) 15 Ball squats
    In Between sets 5 push ups
    (3 X) 10 Lunges
    (3 X) 15 Leg press
    (3 X) 15 Hamstring curls/Leg curl (Low weight)
    (3 X) 10 Smith Machine Squats (Low weight)
    And then to finish off you TRY to keep a pace of 6.0 on a treadmill for 10 min

This is a crazy nice workout. I normally am sore all around my butt and my thighs but just try it!!! Its an amazing work out! Just thought I would share the greatness that I have adapted into my routine.
  • PatLis
    PatLis Posts: 5
    Options
    To lose this weight I will focus on my food intake and workout more. Since I had my baby I was not given the time for me and I just need some of it back. She is now 8 months, summer is just around the corner. I like to get healthier. I will do the 30 shred, in combination with Insanity. There is also a 7 minute abs video with Tim on Youtube that I workout to. Good Luck to all... -Pat
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Well, I have learned that at home workouts are WAY too easy for me to skip out on, so those are going to collect dust for a few and it's back to work at the gym.

Last month it was one consecutive hour at the gym mixing Cardio (Elliptical, rowing, stairs, walk the track, etc.)
    Since my son is finally old enough to be outside the day care for a little while I am trying to work in 2 hours at the gym per day (one in the morning, and one in the evenings). I started Monday. Did weights in the morning and Cardio in the evening....but then I missed Tuesday cause I had an early morning appointment and then it was midget nap time. Then I missed this morning because my neighbor had a medical emergency and needed a ride to the ER (she's fine BTW) so, hopefully tomorrow morning gets me back on track. I REALLY want to drop this last little bit and I am hoping that doubling up my gym time pays off!!!
  • erinvelz
    erinvelz Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I've been off of MFP for a few days, but I'm back and hoping the lapse is a one-time thing. I plan to work out 5-6 days a week and alternate cardio videos, swimming, and timed strength training. So far I have been really bad about prioritizing my work-outs, but I am ready to start losing some of this weight and make healthier choices!
    E
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My plan is;
    Mon-Fri AM weight training 45 mins with 10-15 mins - rowing or bike.
    Mon-Fir PM Cardio - Horse riding / running alternative
    Sat long horse ride
    Sun recovery.

I'm hoping this is going to get me in serious shape!!!!

x
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Been doing a workout by Jackie Warner :) It's great!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mhuhzBmU3s