new to mental health group

Options
sarah307
sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
hey everyone!!

I have been on MFP for over a year now and would love to join this group!

I struggle with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, insomnia, borderline, and ptsd

i know a lot of my unhealthy eating problems have to do with coping with symptoms of all these things! in the past year, I have started running and I'd like to share that running has helped a lot with taking control of my anxiety and depression.

thanks guys :) I need all the help i can get :):):)

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Running is a great therapy :)
    Feel free to add me! I suffer from depression and anxiety as well and possible bipolar.
  • dodgegirl1979
    dodgegirl1979 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well , i have depression and ptsd and alot of anger built up .
  • bipolaroutloud
    Options
    Keep up the good work! Eating right and getting exercise are two of the best things you can do to moderate mental imbalances. I'm bipolar also and I can't begin to stress enough how helpful it's been in connection with my medical treatment. I'm feeling the best I have in years!
  • lostemt76
    lostemt76 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I suffer from depression and anxiety as well and possible bipolar.

Got to agree with you on the running. Suffer from all Ithat stuff to. With my weight loss I have taken up running and love it. Dr just increased my Depakote the other day and it kicking my butt. Just want to get back on track. Suffered a set back with my depression so we had to increase the Depakote and now its catching up with me also all the lack of sleep that I have been missing. Feel free to add me. I am open minded down to earth person that always willing to listen.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options

Got to agree with you on the running. Suffer from all Ithat stuff to. With my weight loss I have taken up running and love it. Dr just increased my Depakote the other day and it kicking my butt. Just want to get back on track. Suffered a set back with my depression so we had to increase the Depakote and now its catching up with me also all the lack of sleep that I have been missing. Feel free to add me. I am open minded down to earth person that always willing to listen.

depakote messed me up really bad!! I am happy to be off of that stuff. it works for some people, but it made me worse in the long run!

so glad to see you are running!!!