Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

new to mental health group

sarah307
sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
hey everyone!!

I have been on MFP for over a year now and would love to join this group!

I struggle with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, insomnia, borderline, and ptsd

i know a lot of my unhealthy eating problems have to do with coping with symptoms of all these things! in the past year, I have started running and I'd like to share that running has helped a lot with taking control of my anxiety and depression.

thanks guys :) I need all the help i can get :):):)

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Running is a great therapy :)
    Feel free to add me! I suffer from depression and anxiety as well and possible bipolar.
  • dodgegirl1979
    dodgegirl1979 Posts: 73 Member
    feel free to add me as well , i have depression and ptsd and alot of anger built up .
  • Keep up the good work! Eating right and getting exercise are two of the best things you can do to moderate mental imbalances. I'm bipolar also and I can't begin to stress enough how helpful it's been in connection with my medical treatment. I'm feeling the best I have in years!
  • lostemt76
    lostemt76 Posts: 136 Member
    Feel free to add me! I suffer from depression and anxiety as well and possible bipolar.

Got to agree with you on the running. Suffer from all Ithat stuff to. With my weight loss I have taken up running and love it. Dr just increased my Depakote the other day and it kicking my butt. Just want to get back on track. Suffered a set back with my depression so we had to increase the Depakote and now its catching up with me also all the lack of sleep that I have been missing. Feel free to add me. I am open minded down to earth person that always willing to listen.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member

Got to agree with you on the running. Suffer from all Ithat stuff to. With my weight loss I have taken up running and love it. Dr just increased my Depakote the other day and it kicking my butt. Just want to get back on track. Suffered a set back with my depression so we had to increase the Depakote and now its catching up with me also all the lack of sleep that I have been missing. Feel free to add me. I am open minded down to earth person that always willing to listen.

depakote messed me up really bad!! I am happy to be off of that stuff. it works for some people, but it made me worse in the long run!

so glad to see you are running!!!