Confession: YIKES!

I have been on My Fitness Pal for about 2 1/2 weeks now. I have watched my weight go down and up and now I'm heading in the right direction again. I am currently 3.4 lbs down from where I began 2 1/2 weeks ago so I am happy about that but let me tell you...........I have a huge weakness for sweets and snacking. It sounds so easy to change but now that I am trying to focus I am finding it very hard.

My hardest time is when I am tired! I have had sick kids lately and kids waking up in the middle of the night and I am really exhausted. Maybe the fatigue is what is adding to my relapse. I'm having a light bulb moment here as I am writing my thoughts. Perhaps I should be focusing on getting a nap each day since I am so worn out from my kids' nighttime rendezvous. I find myself rationalizing my snacking more when I'm tired. Actually I simply don't care at the moment!

What is your hardest weakness and what are you doing to change that? I'd love to hear your ideas.

As for me, I am not only going to get my exercise and water in today, I am going to lay down for a nap this afternoon even if that means soliciting the help of some Disney cartoons for my kiddos.

Good Luck to you all today and this week. WE CAN DO THIS. We knew it wasn't going to be easy but WE WILL PREVAIL because we are determined and ready to make the changes we need to. I am realizing now more than ever that perfection is not the key to all of this, perserverence is!

“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” Og Mandino

"If you can dream it, you can do it!" Walt Disney

Replies

• franzy
    franzy Posts: 259
    I'm like you sweets are my weaknesses. It's the hardest thing to do is not eating sweets. I buy low calorie snacks nutriegrain bars, fiber one snacks or nuts mixed with dry fruits.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Sweets here too! I am making two chocolate covered berries a day so when I am really snacky they are there... But when they sre gone they are gone. Then in a week or two im going to cut iut chocolate (my biggest sweet as u know) until the weekend snd then still just one serving those days. I always find it so much richer anf I dont eat asmuch when I do something like this... I think its harder for us since we dont have csffeine.... Many people on here dont bump out coffee. Also some people do higher cslories so they dont feel so tired :-)
  • photogmama
    photogmama Posts: 32 Member
    my hardest time is PMS!!! I want salt and carbs today!

the scale is not moving for me, but I know I may be building muscle from my workouts and will keep on plugging. I am doing well with my eating and exercising...it's all good, right?
    Clothes are starting to fit better...I don't care what the scale may say!
  • mem6717
    mem6717 Posts: 1
    My weakness is sweets, big time. Recently I bought some of my favorite Easter candy (cadbury eggs and mini-eggs) and told myself that they were for a treat ONLY. However, just having them around has led me to over-indulge once or twice. The same thing happens if I have peanut butter in the house. I will eat it on sandwiches, dip things in it, or just eat a spoonful of it. These things would be fine in moderation, but my self control needs improvement. I never buy peanut butter anymore, and I shouldn't have bought the Easter candy. I find that not having it around is the best way for me not to get tempted into eating it! I also tend to overeat when I'm sitting around the house bored, so having a set schedule and things to do during the day helps me stay on track.