• Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I don't know yet. . I sure hope so.

you found your way here.......
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I think that there is a group of single moms that are pretty easy and that would be the ones that have 4 kids by 4 different men. That seems pretty easy to me. However, being a single mom of only 1 I would say that I am totally less easy then I was pre child. On occasion though there is that heavy childless wine night and that is a different story.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    He is trying to control and belittle you.
    In his mind he is trying to keep you from having happiness or a "connection" with another guy.
    The idea is to accuse you ahead of time of being loose so that you will make sure you prove him wrong.

Be happy he is your ex by the sounds.

^This
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Not saying you're going to win 100% of the time (never happens), but it's just a fact that a 30 y.o. single mum whose only channel to meet guys is online dating because she is too busy with the kid is an easier target than the 23 y.o. Miss Popular who has 5000 friends on Facebook, works as a model at the weekend and has got a list of suitor longer than my arm.

So yeah. Easier (rather than easy perhaps).

Re the control and belittlement, it also works like this: He's trying to convince you that all men think like this ^^ ie that you have to be a model to attract a decent guy (hence making you feel insecure) and that guys view you as prey and are out to target you and take advantage of you (hence making you scared and less likely to get out there and meet someone new).

Happily they don't and when you get out there 90% of the time you will encounter genuine appreciation :smile:

I'm glad he's your ex

(Florian, I don't mean to suggest you think like this)
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I dated a single mum, last year. She was great. Didn't turn out to well, cause she was single mum and her son takes priority, which I totally get. It was all timing.

I wouldn't say they are easier, I would prob say they are easier to get along with as they don't want to play all the bull**** games you might get in a "regular" dating scenario
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I hadn't heard that before. I wouldn't necessarily say that I am easy because I am a single mom. I am easy because I was in two LTR from 16-28 and I am making up for it now. lol Okay, not really. I am secure with my needs and if I just want sex, I make that clear and if I am looking for a relationship, I make that clear as well.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    In his mind he is trying to keep you from having happiness or a "connection" with another guy.
    The idea is to accuse you ahead of time of being loose so that you will make sure you prove him wrong.

Listen to Carl. he is very wise.
  • PeekABooGirl
    PeekABooGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    single moms have a lot to juggle and a lot going on in their life. They are truly special because they are doing the job of parenting on their own which never gets a day off.

I think it is a little bit to harder to date a single mom because of their schedule, but I think you usually find that they are more enjoyable to go to dinner with because they appreciate the time they have away and realize that they have a lot to offer in a realtionship and not just as a mother.

Ahhh, a true gentleman!
  • PeekABooGirl
    Options

You've got him pegged, that's for sure. He's a narcissist. Very controlling and belittling. So what you say here makes absolute sense! He realized I was dating again because I was all dolled up when I dropped the kids off the other day. So I guess that's where it all stems from. Thanks for your insight!
  • PeekABooGirl
    Options
    I don't know yet. . I sure hope so.

OIY!!!! haha
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Single mom here. And if I'm easy, it is only because I choose to be. :wink:

Desperate, lonely, easy prey? Oh hell no! While having a personal life can be challenging alot of the time (especially when munchkins are little), single parents need way tougher skin that that to deal with what life throws our way. If anything, I would think it would be more difficult because of scheduling, concerns with kids, etc.

Obviously, he is an ex for a reason. :happy:
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options

He is the Yoda of the Single Peeps board.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

He is the Yoda of the Single Peeps board.

I have heard short,old,wrinkly guys are HOT.:blushing:
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the women's self esteem and respect for herself. There is a stereotype out there that single moms are easy and are always looking for a husband.
    Myself currently been divorced for 10yrs after a 9yr marriage. I don't need a husband at this time and you won't easily get some from me...he has to work for my goodies.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I'm a single dad. . and I can tell you I'm definitely NOT easy!

I only sleep with girls that are willing to sleep with me.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Way to be discerning!
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

LOL Love it!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

Way to be discerning!

.. . . .and awake?