Chronic diarrhea 6 weeks post-op

Options
Sorry for the yucky subject, but have any of you had issues with diarrhea about 6 weeks post op? I have had it for about a week now. The stomach flu has been going around, but I wasn't sure how that would affect us post op RNY. My tummy is constantly churning. I called the doc and they think it is dairy, although I have never had issues with dairy before..

Replies

• tmalina
    tmalina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any issues, but I hope you're able to figure it out soon. I had chronic diarrhea when I was on my diabetes medication and I know how horrible it can be :(
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    IM the opposite right now....hope it gets better. BRAT diet might worl, bananas, rice applesauce and toast if you can tolerate.
  • jmurphyaz
    jmurphyaz Posts: 35
    Options
    Thank you. Unfortunately I am not allowed any of those foods at this phase :-/ I can't wait to eat a more balanced diet...
  • Yaya_71
    Yaya_71 Posts: 12
    Options
    My bf was never lactose intolerant until his RNY and now if he eats or drinks dairy he's out of it for the rest of the day/night. It's awful for him.
  • jmurphyaz
    jmurphyaz Posts: 35
    Options
    Good to know! Thank you. I ate some Greek yogurt and it seemed to clear it up! Who knows?!? :)