Just started...question

Options
Jessica1274
Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
Hi! Today I did the first workout of stage one, for the very first time. It went petty well. I'm having a hard time figuring out the right height/angle for me to successfully do push ups. I've had a wrist/tendon injury that I'm being careful not to reinjure.

The main thing I wanted to ask about was the prone jackknife. I could not for anything stay on the ball. I don't know if it was all just balance, or if part of it was me worrying over my wrist. Any advice on this exercise? Or suggestions for alternatives? I also have lower back/disk issues to keep in mind.

TIA

Replies

• Jessica1274
    Options
    Bumping
  • krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi! :smile: I managed to pull off doing all of my prone jacknifes, but I definitely can see how one would feel a bit unstable! Maybe it depends on the ball, and the surface...my gym has different size balls to choose from, so I chose one that was pretty big. Getting on and off was the most challenging part....anyways...after doing a little browsing, a lot of people seem to recommend mountain climbers as an alternative:

mountain-climbers-total-body-fat-burning-exercise.jpg

Maybe double the # of reps that you would do of the prone jacknife (16 instead of 8) so that it's equal for each side?
  • Jessica1274
    Options
    Thanks. I'll try those. I bought a larger ball recently, but haven't inflated it yet. Maybe that will help, too.