I agree with this.

Options

Replies

• ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options

I just got a Asus g73jh...so I have been wondering what I should load on it.

Depends what you're in to...nice lappy btw :)
    [/quote]I feel bad for thred-jacking, but I loved Baldurs Gate. Suggestions?
    [/quote]

Yep, Dragon Age: Origins (+DLC), DA: II (+DLC), Diablo 3 is out soon (hesitant about that one though, seems like lots of dungeon crawling...there better be good loot!), for a little turn-based strategy, heroes of might and magic 6 is out, Mass Effect Series.

That should get you started ;)
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Pink's line about being 'too school for cool' describes a lot of us im sure. It makes me giggle everytime my daughter plays it because it so takes me back to high school, i was TOTALLY too school for cool...straight A's ftw?
  • karmaticgeek
    Options
    Yep, Dragon Age: Origins (+DLC), DA: II (+DLC), Diablo 3 is out soon (hesitant about that one though, seems like lots of dungeon crawling...there better be good loot!), for a little turn-based strategy, heroes of might and magic 6 is out, Mass Effect Series.

This.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options

This.

I've been reminiscing this past month play Diable II in anticipation for Diablo 3.... Can't stop drooling over the new classes and character recreation :(
  • jaric01
    jaric01 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I really hope this isn't talking about me. I liked SyFy when it was SciFi, read and reread David Eddings' Belgariad series, along with any other fantasy I could get my hands on, and shunned the teen romance novels my friends read. I'm also a numbers geek. My profession is numbers. I will happily spend hours on a spreadsheet making it just right. Do I qualify? :tongue:

Hot damn - someone else who loved Begariad series! I have a group of books I read at least once a year
    The Belgariad series
    LOTR (yes I start with the Hobbit)
    Incarnations by Piers Anthony
    The Rowan - Anne Mccaffrey
    Ender's Game - why i'm drawing a blank on the author I have no idea!

Wow, I haven't seen anyone mention David Eddings or Piers Anthony since I was in high school! It's been quite a while but I read each book in the Belgariad, the Mallorean, and the Incarnations series at least 2-3 times. Bhelliom was my password of choice for a while. :-)
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I really hope this isn't talking about me. I liked SyFy when it was SciFi, read and reread David Eddings' Belgariad series, along with any other fantasy I could get my hands on, and shunned the teen romance novels my friends read. I'm also a numbers geek. My profession is numbers. I will happily spend hours on a spreadsheet making it just right. Do I qualify? :tongue:

Hot damn - someone else who loved Begariad series! I have a group of books I read at least once a year
    The Belgariad series

Wow, I haven't seen anyone mention David Eddings or Piers Anthony since I was in high school! It's been quite a while but I read each book in the Belgariad, the Mallorean, and the Incarnations series at least 2-3 times. Bhelliom was my password of choice for a while. :-)
    Incarnations was a great series. I also loved the Tarot series. Of course a teen would (they were kinda dirty).
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options

The Belgariad series

Incarnations was a great series. I also loved the Tarot series. Of course a teen would (they were kinda dirty).

yeah, like I said, I re-read those books over and over again - they are like old friends, I have to visit with them every once in a while - even though I am behind on Ender's Game series - I hear he released a couple more on Bean - I'm going to have to get caught up!

uh-oh, I don't think I read the Tarot series - damn, going to have to hit the used book store again, damn it!
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have a simple test for any girl who shows up wearing a pair of Tina Fey glasses and claiming to be a geek. I throw the word "gorram" into a sentence and watch for recognition...

^^^^^^Love this!!!^^^^^^^^
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I have a simple test for any girl who shows up wearing a pair of Tina Fey glasses and claiming to be a geek. I throw the word "gorram" into a sentence and watch for recognition...

*coughcoughFIREFLYISHIGHLYOVERRATEDcough*

*ducks*
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options

*ducks*

流口水的婊子和猴子的笨兒子
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    Options

The Belgariad series

yeah, like I said, I re-read those books over and over again - they are like old friends, I have to visit with them every once in a while - even though I am behind on Ender's Game series - I hear he released a couple more on Bean - I'm going to have to get caught up!

uh-oh, I don't think I read the Tarot series - damn, going to have to hit the used book store again, damn it!

The older I get the more I'm convinced nobody should let Piers Anthony anywhere near little girls.
  • ZombieChaser
    Options

*ducks*

流口水的婊子和猴子的笨兒子

^^*laughs hysterically*

WIN! Well played Kol...well played!
  • tameko2
    Options

*ducks*

流口水的婊子和猴子的笨兒子

^^*laughs hysterically*

No, really, I was surprised how GOOD people think it is. Its pure concept and the concept is cute, but that's it. I wouldn't use it as a good test in fact, anyone who hangs with ANY geeks at all knows gorram just because of how freakishly popular it was. I actually think Dollhouse had the most potential of any whedon series from season 1. Sometimes it fell down a little and they had to rush through the ending but its probably the show my husband and I have agreed on most.

On the topic of geekery tests though, I think anyone who can pass a standard geekdom test is more likely to be a faker by the original article writers standards. Geekdom tests are too broad and too based in things that are mass popular, true geeks in their field know all the weird little minutia about the things they really like. Ask someone how many times they've watched the commentary and special features for their favorite shows - my husband ONLY watches Futurama with the commentary most of the time because he's seen the actual shows so many times he doesn't need to hear the dialogue to enjoy the show. My mom has watched every single special feature on the Lord of the Rings dvds, read every book and weird article on it, etc. That is how you identify "real" geeks.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    Options
    I was a geek before it was (rolls 1d4) cool.
  • ZombieChaser
    Options

*ducks*

流口水的婊子和猴子的笨兒子

^^*laughs hysterically*

No, really, I was surprised how GOOD people think it is. Its pure concept and the concept is cute, but that's it. I wouldn't use it as a good test in fact, anyone who hangs with ANY geeks at all knows gorram just because of how freakishly popular it was. I actually think Dollhouse had the most potential of any whedon series from season 1. Sometimes it fell down a little and they had to rush through the ending but its probably the show my husband and I have agreed on most.

On the topic of geekery tests though, I think anyone who can pass a standard geekdom test is more likely to be a faker by the original article writers standards. Geekdom tests are too broad and too based in things that are mass popular, true geeks in their field know all the weird little minutia about the things they really like. Ask someone how many times they've watched the commentary and special features for their favorite shows - my husband ONLY watches Futurama with the commentary most of the time because he's seen the actual shows so many times he doesn't need to hear the dialogue to enjoy the show. My mom has watched every single special feature on the Lord of the Rings dvds, read every book and weird article on it, etc. That is how you identify "real" geeks.

Hmmm guess that leaves me out... shame... guess I"m just a poser O_o...
  • tameko2
    Options

*ducks*

流口水的婊子和猴子的笨兒子

^^*laughs hysterically*

By that article's definition, yep. You are. So what? You can like anything you want to like and you can call yourself anything you want. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of how you define yourself, the only person who's opinion matters there is yours.
  • ZombieChaser
    Options
    <snip>

[/quote]

By that article's definition, yep. You are. So what? You can like anything you want to like and you can call yourself anything you want. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of how you define yourself, the only person who's opinion matters there is yours.
    [/quote]

:drinker: to that! :flowerforyou:
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Aw man, YES, I think about this so much! And this can apply to so many things; video gaming, music, T.V. shows, sports, books, skating, etc. It makes me sad when I see someone, say, wearing a Zelda shirt and then when I ask them their favorite game from the series they blank out and say "Idk lol, haven't played them." ;~; Makes me want to slap a beach. Also, sometimes people say internet memes and I get excited that they know them, but 99% of the time the person who used the meme doesn't know the origination of it...for example, a random girl comes up to me and (trying to be cute?) says "The cake is a lie!" I asked if she even played Portal and she got confused -______- Same with Skyrim's arrow to the knee meme...or "It's over nine thousaaaaaaaaand." Seriously, use it in a funny way at least, don't just say it whenever you see something Dragon Ball related/it's mentioned...****'s annoying. x.x
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

*ducks*

I had to look back through the thread to find the rat *kitten* who said this.

Tameko.. you broke my heart.

:brokenheart: :sad:
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    Options
    <snip>. It makes me sad when I see someone, say, wearing a Zelda shirt and then when I ask them their favorite game from the series they blank out and say "Idk lol, haven't played them." ;~;

I feel the same way about kids in misfits t-shirts.