Replies

• MotivateMeg
    MotivateMeg Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    2 Adults, 3 kids (5,7,8)
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Well. Damn. I can't do the 14th. I expect pics & stories, though!! Have a great time! :)
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    yay! 2 adults for me.
  • Jackiales
    Jackiales Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I highly agree we want it to be delicious & healthy! I'm asking all our food chef's to bring an indexcard or printed copy of the nutrional facts for each dish. It'll be a great way to share recipes and shouldn't be difficult using MSP recipe calc.
    Tommy (my bf) & I are definitly in (2 adults)
  • NKolhar
    NKolhar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    oh sweet ...july 14th sounds possible for me as well for now so I will say +1 unless its a dog friendly hike I might tag along my dog. but also my Naval Duties fall on the weekends so do not have the schedule on that so I will not be able to conform until next month(june).
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I just joined the group, but July 14th sounds awesome. My fiance is an MFP member too and I'm certain he will want to come. We love hiking! So put us down! Thanks for organizing this!
  • dzniki1029
    dzniki1029 Posts: 8
    Options
    I cen do the 14th either, btu i will be looking out for the next one. :-)
  • Jackiales
    Options
    Ok Food Chef's! As summer plans quickly book up, I'm in for this July 14th date!
    Lets start calling out ideas of food, beverages, paper goods & grills so we can start tying it together.
    I'll bring homemade egg rolls (broiled), oriental-marinaded chicken & our portable grill.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    This sounds like great plan...I can't make the 14th, but will be on lookout for another CT meetup :)
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Great idea, I can't make the 14th due to family vacation, but I hope it's a great success and look forward to the next one
  • JPLYLER09
    JPLYLER09 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ok... so we have a date... July 14th and a place... Wadsworth Falls.
    Time - TBD
    Directions and such to follow.

Now to the delegation of duties.....

Jackiales - Food/Potluck Coordinator. I will continue to give you numbers updates so we stay on top of how much we may need. Also if possible healthy choices or healtier choices as some of the MFPers here are on here to learn more about eating healthy and what is a better choice and why. But if we all bust our buts on the hikes or other potential games we may indulge is a Chicken Dog or Turkey Burger right... ;)

DancingNancies - You can coordinate the hike or hikes... figure out the distance and possible times it would take to complete it.

I was thinking maybe some type of other games like Ultimate frisbee, volleyball, kickball as suggested by Jackiales. Any takers on coordinating games? I could do the adult games is someone would like to coordinate the kids games.... like water ballon toss, 3 legged race, sack race or the egg on the spoon thing.... ???? Fun stuff.

Also for those coming if you wouldn't mind just give me a total in your posse.... like for me will be 2 Adults 2 Children (2, 6 months)... thanks...

See you all in a few months.

Lots of newbies to the group, hopefully we can get a good turn out :)
  • Jackiales
    Options
    Was chatting about this the past two days actually! So excited. I'm at least bringing my other 1/2, Tommy. I'm trying to get my sisters involved too.
    Could we do a 11AM-2:30PM???
    Alright Connecticut MFP users :) it's time to BBQ, picnic, play some field games and hike soon!!!
    Yes healthy & tasty options please! I'm thinking of bringing sessame chicken skewers, cabbage slaw & homemade broiled egg rolls (they are essentially all the same incredients inside the wrappers and outside as side dishes!)
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    please count me in.. id love to attend
  • biggs3435
    biggs3435 Posts: 4
    Options
    Either works for me.
  • JPLYLER09
    JPLYLER09 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Either works for me.

Its going to be July 14th at Wadsworth Falls State Park in Middletown
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Count me in. It will be me and my 7 yo son. I'll get on my laptop later and see what my options are for bringing stuff. Can't wait!
  • TbearMommy
    Options
    First of all I would love to thank MommyJ for inviting me to the group. I am from Granby CT.
    Getting together on July 14 sounds cool. I need to check my calendar
    To make sure I don't have any classes. Thanks again so nice to see others
    here in CT on the same journey Hugs to you all. ;-)