Should I use bodybugg to figure out calories instead of TDEE

Options
alesnie
alesnie Posts: 97 Member
Heyitsdan calculated my calories and told me I should be eating 1900 calories a day, however I was wondering if my bodybugg would produce more accurate results on what I should be eating. On a day I dont exercise I burn around 2150 calories, and exercise days usually 2600-2700. Is 1900 plus exercise calories still what you all would recommend me eating?

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• ladyfingers39
    Options
    Sounds like a lot...but depends on how much you are wanting to lose. Do you have a goal?

Like my goal is too lose 64 pounds by Sept, so the bodybugg said to eat 1700 cals and burn at least 3000.
  • cincymomof3
    cincymomof3 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Your bodybugg eliminates the need to guesstimate anything and puts you more in control of your weight loss! Yay you! Lol.

This is the best way I have found to use my bodybugg and Mfp together to maximize my weight loss. I'm going to use my numbers in pharentheses as examples.

Step 1: BMR (me: 1440)
    To find bmr, use lowest consistent cal burned per min on bodybugg (1) and multiply by the # mins in the day (1440).

Step 2: no exercise daily burn (me: 1850 but I like whole #s so I rounded to 1800)
    This is where your 2150 or 2100 to make math easier goes.

Step 3: set calorie goal on Mfp to step 2's # (me: 1800)

Step 4: exercise calories daily... Yesterday's burn - step 2's #
    You cannot use your trip bc it will be too high. example... Yesterday's burn 2092 - 1800 = 292... Now I log the 292 under exercise for today. (I'm all about easy, so I always use title: exercise, time: 1 min, then adjust cal amt accordingly.)

Step 5: your deficient daily...
    The green number at the bottom every day now shows your deficient. Make sure it's never higher than 1,000 (2 lb wk loss).

Step 6: daily calorie goal...
    This WILL NOT be the goal # showing. Bmr is your minimum goal daily (upped mine to 1500 bc it's easier to remember). I like to keep my body guessing, so I vary the amt I eat daily, so my deficient is always different. Some days the green # is 250, others 500.

Whew! Okay it might seem complicated, but once it's all set up and you get the hang of it, it's easy as pie! Obviously you can use this or not, but I been meaning to post this bc it's helped me lose all the weight in my ticker. :) Before this method I was lost and confused. :)
  • alesnie
    alesnie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you that was perfect!
  • cincymomof3
    cincymomof3 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Oh good! I was afraid it would be confusing. ;)