what happens after u increase ur calories and stall out?

Options
giag09
giag09 Posts: 203 Member
hi i was wondering i am doing pretty good i increased my calories from 1200 to 1400 to 1600 now 1700 and i am either maintaining the scale or losing alittle i am happy with my weight i just want to lean out and get more toned i have been lifting alot more than i used to ... my question is i am eating alittle below my tdee with a 15% deficit when i mentally eat at 1800 and stall out possibly do you guys increase your calories more or always stay around your tdee

Replies

• giag09
    giag09 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I was at 1800 lost 7.2lbs and then started bouncing up and down again the same couple pounds...like when I was at 1200 cals...so I decided to bump 100 cals...well I spiked up 4lbs that first week, but knew I didn't eat 14k cals...and waited 4wks to finally see a net loss of 1.2lbs...my body needed more calories to see movement. I would rather bump up a bit to see if there is a change then to go down...if I went up and after 8wks had a solid gain then I would cut back by 50 cals or so...it really is knowing your body when and what causes you to trend up if it is water weight, heavy lift water held, TOM...etc. I have to literally not have high salt, heavy lift for the last two days and no TOM anywhere around to get a good weigh in...that is hard. So I watch my clothes...but since I have gone up...the scale doesn't move as much as the fat dispearing as I lean out...I call it the muscle for fat exchange...lol