Question!

Options
lemonadem
lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
Question for all the ladies doing NROLFW.... I've been doing this program for a while now, and was up to stage 5 when I tore my rotator cuff. I've been out for about 7 weeks now, but THIS GIRL gets to start lifting again tonight!! So excited, cleared by the doctor, just had to promise to take it easy and build up strength in my shoulder again.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet as far as getting back on track though.

My question for you guys: Do I jump into where I was and start again but with lighter weights as I build strength back up, or do I cycle back through the program and do each workout from each stage once or twice??

I’m leaning towards the second option… I've still been working out and lifting, though my lifting has been all lower body stuff, no shoulders or arms.

What do you all think?? I'd love some opinions. :)

Replies

• ecrogers4
    ecrogers4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If it were me - I'd jump back in at Stage 2 or 4... I wouldn't want to go through all of Stage 1 again and since 4 is a duplicate of 2 and 5 duplicates 3... depends on how much you were enjoying the program - how much farther you want to go with it?

What is your plan for when you have finished it? Are you moving on or cycling through again? That would change how far back you "restart."

Congrats on getting back into it!!! Yahooo!!!!!
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Ack, how'd you tear your rotator cuff?

Personally I'd probably go through 1 or 2 workouts from each stage just to get the upper body back into the swing and explore what you can/can't do. But EC's advice/questions seem valid too.

good luck!
  • lemonadem
    Options
    I rushed dumbell snatches actually... I was lazy and in a hurry, and I didn't warm up enough. :(

@ec- I'm was planning on cycling it when I was finished, going through it again. I do enjoy it, but more than that I like have a structure when I go lift. Having a set plan of what I'm going to do each time keeps me from been haphazard and all over the place when I go into the gym.

Thank you guys for responding! I didn't end up getting to workout last night, so I'll figure it out tmrw. I'm leaning towards cycling 1 or 2 workouts from each stage just to build again, but maybe I'll skip the duplicate workouts.

I appreciate the feedback!! :D Thanks again!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I was nearly done with Stage 4 when I had to take a 6 week break from lifting. I started over completely (i.e. 8 workouts Stage 1).

The only difference was that I used heavier weights than when I started the program the first time. Mainly because I was more familiar with the exercises and I knew more about my strength capabilities. I'm glad I started over completely. I believe it allowed me to make greater gains in both strength and body composition.
  • lemonadem
    Options
    I've thought about doing that too... just going back and lifting heavier from the start now. Thank's for the input!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    If it were me - I'd jump back in at Stage 2 or 4... I wouldn't want to go through all of Stage 1 again and since 4 is a duplicate of 2 and 5 duplicates 3... depends on how much you were enjoying the program - how much farther you want to go with it?

What is your plan for when you have finished it? Are you moving on or cycling through again? That would change how far back you "restart."

Congrats on getting back into it!!! Yahooo!!!!!

I would probably go back to Stage 2, I got a little frustrated with Stage 1 the first time and don't know if I'd enjoy it a second.