Shoe Recommendations?

Options
gerbies
gerbies Posts: 444 Member
It's time for me to buy new shoes; I noticed I had some soreness in my knees and shins after today's workout. I've been working out in running shoes that are not exactly new, so it's time to by the right shoes.

Any body just love the shoes they use? Do they offer support? I was thinking of researching the KSwiss shoes JM wears in the videos to see if others like. I also saw a similar looking shoe in the recent Reebox Crossfit commercials.

I want a shoe that has good support and lots of bounce :).

Any recommendations?

Replies

• cookieta76
    cookieta76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about recommendations too. I am in need of some new kicks as well! I know that the ones I'm wearing now, even though they're in good shape, aren't the right type of workout shoe.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I had Reebox zigs and they only lasted about 4 months working out in them - they developed holes by my pinkie toe. I'm now wearing Merrells... I know they are "outdoorsy" but they are comfortable and my feet never hurt. I also have Powerstep orthotics in them too. I looked into the KSwiss shoes... they are pretty cheap from what I remember... $50 or so... (my reebox were over $100!!!!!)... however, I know a lot of people were not happy with the KSwiss clothing but I haven't heard anything about the shoes.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I do my workouts barefoot :)
  • sdsmom
    sdsmom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I bought new Brooks GTS Adrenaline running shoes when I started the program. I also wondered if there might be a better shoe than a running shoe but haven't tried anything else. I do like to run and I try to save my Brooks for just running but shoes are expensive and I would hate to spend another $80-100 on shoes for my indoor workouts.
  • mals422
    mals422 Posts: 41
    Options
    I wear these: http://www.amazon.com/ASICS-Womens-GEL-Express-Training-Shoe/dp/B003R0M5JO

They have good lateral support, which is really nice for things like skaters. I've done Jillian's workouts in running shoes in the past, which really wasn't ideal. These aren't the most perfect shoe I've ever worn, but they fit my feet well and I haven't had even a hint of a blister.

Head to your local sports shoe store and ask to be pointed toward cross training shoes. If you get a salesperson who actually knows what they're talking about, describe some of the moves and see what they recommend. Otherwise, just look for something that fits your foot and try jumping around in it a little bit.
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Funny you should ask... I just came across this on Yahoo http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/854/best-rated-athletic-shoes/
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I was using Ryka cross-trainers, but I noticed in cardio 1 that the running mans were making the arches of my feet hurt really bad (the arch of my left foot actually cramped/swelled up so bad once that I couldn't walk comfortably on it for several hours; I had to ice and Ace bandage it for the rest of the day). So frustrating since these were new shoes that are supposedly meant to be used for all of the side-to-side stuff.

Lately I've been wearing Gaiam yoga socks (toe socks with grips on the bottom) for all of the workouts and my feet feel SO much better. They also seem to make kicking from planks into crescents a bit easier (no clunky shoes catching on my living room carpet), and all of the yoga moves feel more comfortable (especially tree pose - not a fan of my shoe digging into my thigh on that one).
  • jupityjupe
    jupityjupe Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i do my workouts barefoot too :)
  • tulip07
    tulip07 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    me too. I do mine barefoot too. Although I must say I haven't fully started the program yet, I did Workout 1 just to see how it was, but I am officially starting on Sunday.

But yes, I do my exercise videos barefoot.
  • vai45
    vai45 Posts: 29
    Options
    I have Nike Free trainers and I love them! They are super flexible (you can bend the shoe in half) and lightweight.
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The K-Swiss tubes that they wear are SO comfortable!