Cardio ?

Options
jnels
jnels Posts: 28 Member
Can anyone give me some ideas on good cardio workouts? I normally use the treadmill for about 45-60 minutes. I can't run for very long so it's mostly walking. But the treadmill can get boring! Thanks in advance :happy:

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hi! I do a lot of walking/jogging for cardio, but I also like to mix it up with some kickboxing, dance workouts (a lot of people like Zumba, for example), or any sort of cardio-type workouts. I've heard that Bob Harper's workout DVDs are (or have been?) on sale for $5 each, and I know he has a lot of great workout variety, cardio included. I hope this helps!
  • HoosierMomma1
    HoosierMomma1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 45-60 min elliptical and decided I need to mix it up so I don't get stale. I'm trying 30 min high intensity interval training and then either 30 day shred or ripped in 30 days.

I also ride the bike with the kids and am getting ready to start couch to 5k
  • MandyMcAwesome
    MandyMcAwesome Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    For a quick cardio, I do Just Dance on the Wii. I used to take a step class that was a lot of fun.
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Do you belong to a gym? I do elliptical or spin classes or other class like kickboxing. If you don't belong to a gym you can go for a bike ride, brisk walk/run or pick up some dvds like Leslie Sansone's Walk away the pounds, tae bo, biggest loser cardio, etc.

I get very bored with the treadmill and elliptical. I only do them once or twice a week at most.
  • jnels
    Options
    BeachGurl815- I don't know belong to a gym. My subdivision has a fitness room so that's where I go to use the treadmill. Like you I only do it one or twice a week! A walk/run outdoors sounds like a good idea. THANKS!!!!
  • jnels
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your great suggestions! I'm thinking of finding a Zumba class near me.....sounds like a lot of fun :bigsmile:
  • maranatha777
    Options
    I have Zumba for the wii and also I am currently doing Turbo Fire which I totally love!
  • looplooploop
    Options
    Try couch to 5 k (C25k)!! I'm doing concurrently with the 30ds. haven't quite figured out my schedule yet though...