What are your macros?

Options
amsparky
amsparky Posts: 825 Member
Hey guys!

I'm just wondering if you all follow the 40/30/30 for your macro nutrients or something else. I'm a runner as well, so I want to make sure my muscles have enough fuel. I eat a ton of fruit and am having a hard time feeling really bad about it.

Any input appreciated! Thanks!!

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I've got mine set for 40/30/30.

I'm having to make an effort to keep within that guideline though. I've never concentrated so much on getting protein and I'm having to rethink how I eat and change some eating habits. I love my carbs. Now I'm making a point to try and get a pretty good amount of protein in with each meal where it was never a concern before. I'm a pescetarian/mostly vegetarian so it's quite a change for me.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Mine are 45/30/25 carbs/protein/fat.

If I go slightly over on protein on any given day I consider that a good thing; 30% is the minimum I need. I find it nearly impossible to eat less than 45% carbs. I eat lots of salad loaded with veggies, two servings of fruit daily, plus old-fashioned oatmeal for breakfast every morning.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I try to do 40/30/30, but that doesn't always happen lol.
  • lizzy00125
    lizzy00125 Posts: 138
    Options
    Finally really starting to incorporate more protein in my diet. I figure I will try to keep upping the protein intake once I get comfortable and an idea of what my meals in a day should look like. I am set at 50/30/20. I hope to eventually get to 40/30/30 but I think that is going to take a long time. I LOVE my carbs. They make me happy. :-D haha.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    40/30/30 puts my protein near 1g/lb of bodyweight. I try to hit 'em, but don't always. ;-P

I have noticed that my sugar doesn't bottom out and I don't have that sluggish feeling now that my protein and carbs are balanced.
  • jrditt
    jrditt Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    how do you all figure out how many calories you are getting from each and how do you set it up that way? So far I have been trying to get over 100 grams of protein a day (which is difficult!) and keeping everything else lower.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    how do you all figure out how many calories you are getting from each and how do you set it up that way? So far I have been trying to get over 100 grams of protein a day (which is difficult!) and keeping everything else lower.

Protein contains 4 calories per gram
    Carbohydrates contain 4 calories per gram
    Fat contains 9 calories per gram