My first 10k

Options
paulwgun
paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
Had planned to do 8 K on Sunday 4 out 4 back id only done 6.9 k previous my app said 7.something and the next update said 8.5k so decided to go for the 10k

I felt sooo good after doing it, knowing that i can cover 10k i now feel more confident in the 10 k race ive entered for June this year

I did bloody ache for 2 days after mind and was a bit sceptical of doing a spin class this morning as i was still aching last night

I googled run recovery and after spin this morning took a cold shower and concentrated on cooling my legs and calves, its made a difference, so im planning my next 10k for Saturday or Sunday this week and an ice bath for recovery along with carbs and protein intake

Im soo happy knowing i have done 10k :bigsmile:

Replies

• amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • paulwgun
    Options
    Well all that training paid off did my first 10k race yesterday (fathers day) i did go off a bit too quick as im a real slow runner but achieved my goals that i had set

!. Finish the race
    2. To run the whole distance without walking
    3. beat my PB (did this and knocked off 3 min :bigsmile: )
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    3 minutes off? Fantastic! What's your next goal, do you plan to do more 10Ks or do you have something else in mind?
  • paulwgun
    Options
    At the moment I'm looking at a 10 k in September with the goal of
    Doing a much better PB but I need to lose a lot of poundage first
    At the moment I have no desire to do a 1/2 or a full marathon
    But thats because I'm still overweight and the thought of carrying this
    Weight over that distance is daunting but never say never :-)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!! It is a great feeling when you overachieve. Some days, you just trust your body and go for it. Good luck with your race!!