Achy LEG, just one

Options
mfisher16508
mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
OK soooo my left leg aches like a SOB ALL the time...Its a weird ache, but it hurst/acts up more when walking for longer periods of time and I dont know why. This has been a problem, I thought I had a clot so I had a scan, NO clots, thank god, I would think maybe low K (potassium) but only one leg hurts and my K level is normal and I am getting enuff in. I have a varicose vein, but its on the opposite side of the leg and they said that wouldnt cause this weird ache....its annoying, depressing and makes me feel blah....the last few days I have not been walking all that much...I guess the best way to describe this issue is like this...after shopping for a bit, it feels heavy, and just aches...NE1 else have this issue or have had. I want to exercise more because I think tht will help, but then when I start it hurts.

Mary

Replies

• Darhep
    Darhep Posts: 25
    Options
    I immediately thought of a clot, which I am glad that you had a scan. How is your zinc and calcium intake? Those too can cause you to have weird leg aches? My best friend had bypass surgery and she too had this and I believe it was both her zinc and calcium were low. Her vitamin b levels were also very low. Have you tried warm compresses?
  • mfisher16508
    Options
    hot baths help, all labs were good when this was checked, I have had this prior to surgery. I am taking my son to the pcp tomorrow, so I am gonna mnetion it, I have pcp appt on the 10th along with surgeon....its more annoying than anything...I take vit b sublingual, I calcium is my strong suit, lol....its a mystery, I will update if anything....maybe its sciatica too I dont know....
  • jmurphyaz
    jmurphyaz Posts: 35
    Options
    Could it be sciatica? Mine flared up after surgery which I bet had to do with all that sitting and the air they pumped me full of. I hope it gets better soon.
  • mfisher16508
    Options
    I have noticed that when I dont take my multi vit it is worse, when I do, its barely noticeable...I think I found the prob, I am testing this theory this week, Let you all know, thanks for the replies.

Mary