I'm In It Now!

Options
raevynn
raevynn Posts: 666 Member
Okay, now that I've added kettlebells to my life (OMG, no one told me that weights could be FUN!!), I've raised my food goal here to 85% of my calculated TDEE, or 2300 calories per day!

Whoa. Really? I can eat this much? *grin*

Seriously, I'm feeling better already, and I have not yet put on any additional pounds, though I'm still flirting around with this one pound that comes and goes, since I started raising the calories - first 1900, then 2100, and now we'll see how it goes at 2300.

Just for reference purposes:

Weight: 222.8

BMR: 1707

TDEE: 2753

Weight loss sweet spot - i.e., TDEE - 15% = 2300

Calculated for a lightly active person.

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! :D

I want to try kettlebells (I already have a space reserved for them!) so you'll have to let me know all about them and how you like them!

Isn't it amazing to think 'oh- I CAN eat this' instead of 'oh no I'll be BAD if I eat this'. Night and day! :D

*tosses confetti*
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Absolutely awesome. So wonderful to eat. I can't imagine ever even thinking of eating less than the 1900 a day I consume now. I remember I had the hardest time getting down 1800...now I need my extra 100 cals.
  • leahesturas
    Options
    I did kettlebell workouts at a gym for 3 months, and by the end I was in the best shape of my life! They are my favorite workouts! I had to stop because I started a new job where I have to be at work early in the morning, and I miss the KB classes. Such a bummer. I'm trying to do them on my own.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm back down to 2100... I forgot that the TDEE -15% includes workouts, and I wasn't factoring that in... I keep looking at my net calories.

I think I already do gross about 2300 calories and net 1900 - 2300... that works for me, I think.