New to group and need help!!!

Options
5ladybugs
5ladybugs Posts: 135 Member
I'm 32, 190 lbs, 5'5". I breastfeed a 18 month old, she's still fairly dependant. I'm a stay at home mom, so I do sit alot. I run 3 times a week ( week 6 c25k), an hour yoga class once a week and 30 day shred 5-6 days a week.
Fat 2 fit radio online says 2166 for moderately active. Or 1921 lightly active. Which should I use. Also would that include my exercise? If I did the moderately active one then I assume that's if I'm exercising?
On other sites my BMR is 1633 and TDEE 2535
Ack, I'm so confused. MFP set me at 1650. I do 1700 but only loosing 0.4-0.6 lately a week. I feel like I'm working harder then that.
Please help, this is so confusing!

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Welcome :D

First off .4-.6 is good! Much faster than that and you start running into all kinds of problems. Besides, once you start counting inches it gets much more exciting!

What I would do- since you have a busy workout schedule I would recommend moderately active for now. Your TDEE will include your exercise calories- unless a workout day takes you below your BMR. If you find you are working out and falling below your BMR then eat extra calories that day to make sure you do not drop below your BMR.

Eating more is a numbers game- so there will be some trial and error. If you haven't read it yet- check out the sticky on 'what to expect when upping your calories'.
  • 5ladybugs
    Options
    Ok so if my TDEE is 2535 ( not including digestion 10%), do I take away 25% for 1900 or 15% for approx 2150? That would be including exercise right, so I'd aim for that with exercise ( not putting exercise into mfp) and not fall below 1633 my BMR? Right now I aim for 1700 net, eat all exercise.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Ok so if my TDEE is 2535 ( not including digestion 10%), do I take away 25% for 1900 or 15% for approx 2150? That would be including exercise right, so I'd aim for that with exercise ( not putting exercise into mfp) and not fall below 1633 my BMR? Right now I aim for 1700 net, eat all exercise.

I'd aim for the smallest deficit to start (15%), you can always adjust later. The longer your weight loss journey will be, the more leeway you want to give yourself. You goal should always be to start losing as high as possible, that way as plateaus come, or if you need to drop cals further, you are already at a decent cal amount, and won't be reduced to starving. And yes any number calculated using your TDEE will include exercise cals, so no need to eat back what MFP gives.
  • 5ladybugs
    Options
    Ok changed my goal to 2150, gotta say that was scarier then I thought it'd be.
    Now where do you log exercise? I like seeing how many calories I've burned.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    You still log them as usual, but don't eat the cals back
  • 5ladybugs
    Options
    I so sorry for sounding dumb but I just need to calm my OCD and clarify :)
    Ok on my app, across the top it has GOAL -FOOD -EXERCISE -NET -REMAINING.
    My goal is 2150. I just want to watch my food number right? Never mind the net? Unless it gets below 1635 (BMR).
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I so sorry for sounding dumb but I just need to calm my OCD and clarify :)
    Ok on my app, across the top it has GOAL -FOOD -EXERCISE -NET -REMAINING.
    My goal is 2150. I just want to watch my food number right? Never mind the net? Unless it gets below 1635 (BMR).

Exactly.
  • 5ladybugs
    Options
    Thank you!