Zombies, Run! (mobile app)

Options

Replies

• Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    To answer those people who were having issues with not getting 'Zombie Chases', I emailed the developers and this is what they say...

Hi Russell,

Thanks for your email! In order to get zombie chases, you need to fulfil the following criteria:

- You must be running Zombies, Run! version 1.1
    - GPS must be on & have a fix
    - You must have Zombie Chases turned on
    - You must be consistently moving faster than 3.5km/h
    - You must be consistently moving slower than 15km/h

If you're still having problems once you're sure you fulfil all these criteria, please let me know.

All the best,

Matt.
  • Lasityttö
    Lasityttö Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've been having troubles getting connected to a gps satellite. (I think I live in somewhat bad area, as both my Droid and iPod have this issue.) Can I still use this? Is the accelerometer for this? Is it any good?
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Zombie, Run! for Droid? Any good?

I've just downloaded it, and I'm gonna be trying it tonight.

Edit: Just booted it up. Looks like a really cheap knock off. I'll still give it a shot, but I'm still gonna be excited for when the real one comes out on Android.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I've been having troubles getting connected to a gps satellite. (I think I live in somewhat bad area, as both my Droid and iPod have this issue.) Can I still use this? Is the accelerometer for this? Is it any good?

You cannot use the acceleration to have zombie chases. I think at the moment its mandatory to have the GPS. At least it was before Version 1.1
  • Meeperslove
    Meeperslove Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new to this and just downloaded it this morning. Let me just say that it is awesome!!

I did mission 1

My current 'Zombies, Run!' Progress: Wednesday April 4
    Mission 1
    7.5 km - 58 minutes

Abel Township Population - 78...

Only thing is that I keep getting caught by the zombies.. How much faster do we have to run when they come near us?
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    My current 'Zombies, Run!' Progress: Tuesday April 3th 2012

There was a bit of a glitch with the app yesterday as someone called me while I was running. The mission didn't kick in again after the call and my play list stopped, but the time carried on going and I still collected things but I didn't get any mission updates. So I stopped and started the mission and it resumed from the last mission update.

Mission 13

1.54 miles - 23 minutes

*Stopped for phone call*

Mission 13 (continued)

1.90 miles - 32 minutes

Zombie mobs encounted: 1

Abel Township Population - 190
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Love, love this app. Just what I needed.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone had tried it!! Well looks like I'm going to be spending some money ;)
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Question: What do you all do with your phones/MP3 players when you run? Now that summers coming, I'm not sure where I'm going to stick my player (I usually don't exercise with my purse...).
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Got this app yesterday after spending literally hours updating my phone (I hate apple updates :mad:) and I can't wait to go out later on! I had a little listen on my walk to work this morning and I tried to casually walk faster and slower without weird looks.. Didn't work and I got eaten :ohwell:

But I'm soo excited about playing it later.. Yea thats right.. Play :tongue:

Here's my playlist if anyone is interested:

Pearl Jam - Once
    Angels Cry - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
    Big Yellow Taxi - Counting Crows feat Vanessa Carlton
    Lithium - Nirvana
    Close To Me - The Cure
    My Hero - Foo Fighters
    Streetcar - Funeral for a Friend
    Release - Pearl Jam
    Rope - Foo Fighters
    Vampire - People in Planes
    DOA - Foo Fighters
    Black - Pearl Jam
    Polly - Nirvana
    Flesh and Blood - People in Planes
    Roses for the Dead - Funeral for a Friend
    Moving to New York - The Wombats
    Skin and Bones - Foo Fighters
    Even Flow - Pearl Jam
    Mayday - People in Planes
    Tired - Adele
    Rise Today - Alter Bridge
    Pretty Buildings - People in Planes
    Just Like Heaven - The Cure
    Watch Over You - Alter Bridge
    Mad World - REM
    Blink 182 - I'm Lose Without You
    History - Funeral for a Friend
    Hands Down - Dashboard Confessional
    The Pretender - Foo Fighters
    Better Than Life - People in Planes
    Alive - Pearl Jam

Doubt if I'll be out long enough to listen to all of them but I have a habit of skipping songs a lot.. I'll let you know how it goes :happy:

Super excited!!
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    My current 'Zombies, Run!' Progress: Friday April 6th 2012

Mission 14

3.55 miles - 1hr 4 minutes

Zombie mobs encounted: 1 (They got me! I had to drop everything to distract them :cry: )

Abel Township Population - 192
  • AeiriMuse
    AeiriMuse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I want to try this so badly. They don't have it on the android market, yet. Do you know of a way of contacting the people who made it? I'd like to request an android version. Do they have a website?
  • Meeperslove
    Options
    Question: What do you all do with your phones/MP3 players when you run? Now that summers coming, I'm not sure where I'm going to stick my player (I usually don't exercise with my purse...).

I put it in my bra
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    can this be done on a treadmill ...lol
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I downloaded it a few weeks ago and love it. I'm new to MFP so I thought I would join in the conversation. Current progress:
    Mission 7 complete: Abel Township population 144
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    can this be done on a treadmill ...lol

Been eyeing the app for a while & when it was at 50% for the weekend, I grabbed it and tried it out in the gym yesterday on the treadmill using Accelerometer mode. Seems to work fine, though it didn't seem to detect the no. of paces I have that well (I see the no. increasing even when I paused to grab some water - I didn't pause the game, just my legs lol). I intend to head outdoors to try it sometime this week, to see if there's any diff with using the GPS mode instead... but yeah a short response to ur question would be: yes :smile:

Am wondering abt a few things myself though, wld be great if someone can clarify:

1. does it matter how fast/far you run/walk? It seems that the events in game are timer based rather than distance based. eg. getting to the hospital - is the hospital like xx-km/miles away or xx-min away?

2. the supplies. Went back to base to allocate my supplies & found out that I can put anything anywhere. eg. a pair of shorts can b placed in the hospital, living, even the food storage. Does the distribution of supplies matter? Or do the buildings level up simply by taking into the account the NUMBER and not the TYPE of supplies stashed?

3. is there a free run/walk mode? After I complete Mission One (I only got till the 25min mark b4 my foot hurt too bad to continue), will I b able to just go out for a walk or run to collect more supplies, or do I have to activate a mission to do that?
  • Meeperslove
    Options
    My current 'Zombies, Run!' Progress: Tuesday April 10th

Mission 2

2.85km - 20 minutes

Zombie mobs encounted: 1 and I evaded it!!

Abel Township Population - 86
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    Ignore Question 2 & 3 that I've posted. Have figured out those by fiddling with the app. Still unsure about Question 1 though. If anyone knows, would b great :bigsmile:
  • knitfastpurlyoung
    knitfastpurlyoung Posts: 102 Member
    Options

1. does it matter how fast/far you run/walk? It seems that the events in game are timer based rather than distance based. eg. getting to the hospital - is the hospital like xx-km/miles away or xx-min away?

I *think* you're right - timer based. I've done 3 missions so far, and the only time the pace/distance mattered was when trying to evade the zombie mob. I left the app on for a bit while I was stretching and I still picked up an item or two! (Don't tell!)
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Current progress: Mission 8, 7.7 km, 47 minutes. Abel Township Pop 155