Zombies, Run! (mobile app)

Options

Replies

• shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    I left the app on for a bit while I was stretching and I still picked up an item or two! (Don't tell!)

:O that means I can pretty much play the game while sitting on the couch!! :laugh:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Zombie, Run! for Droid? Any good?

I've just downloaded it, and I'm gonna be trying it tonight.

Edit: Just booted it up. Looks like a really cheap knock off. I'll still give it a shot, but I'm still gonna be excited for when the real one comes out on Android.

Yeah we probably got the same one. Cheap (free at least) droid knock off. I can barely ever get it to work.

One time it did. I was very excited as I approached my first zombie. It had been complete silence but for the first time I was pumped to hear some zombie groans.

Know what happened? The phone vibrated. That's all. Not a sound. Cheap knock off.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Zombie, Run! for Droid? Any good?

I've just downloaded it, and I'm gonna be trying it tonight.

Edit: Just booted it up. Looks like a really cheap knock off. I'll still give it a shot, but I'm still gonna be excited for when the real one comes out on Android.

Yeah we probably got the same one. Cheap (free at least) droid knock off. I can barely ever get it to work.

One time it did. I was very excited as I approached my first zombie. It had been complete silence but for the first time I was pumped to hear some zombie groans.

Know what happened? The phone vibrated. That's all. Not a sound. Cheap knock off.

ah boo! that was anti-climatic...

I have to confess that I just got an android powered phone, for this app alone... yup...
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Android version can't be done fast enough :( They have it on schedule so far for May/June. Enough time for me to complete Couch to 5k at least, and get some serious running done when the app hits :p

And since this is the Geek Squid, probably no need to remind that May/June is in line with Diablo 3 release, when you need a break from one type of undead... the other will be waiting :p
  • ZombieChaser
    Options
    Android version can't be done fast enough :( They have it on schedule so far for May/June. Enough time for me to complete Couch to 5k at least, and get some serious running done when the app hits :p

And since this is the Geek Squid, probably no need to remind that May/June is in line with Diablo 3 release, when you need a break from one type of undead... the other will be waiting :p

Win! Been waiting for D3 since... well... D2! lol...
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    My current 'Zombies, Run!' Progress: Saturday April 7th 2012

I was waiting for my plane at Gatwick Airport so I thought I would kill some time by walking around the departure lounge at a fast pace. :smile: I couldn't get a GPS fix so I switched the tracking to Accelerometer mode.

Mission 15

2469 paces - 31 minutes

Abel Township Population - 197
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Current progress: Mission 11, Abel township population 177
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say that this app is the reason I've started running... and I haven't even bought the app yet! A friend of mine was telling me about it and I was like... damn, that sounds fun... but I can't for two minutes let alone thirty! So I started Couch-to-5k a month ago.... just so that I could get in good enough shape to use this app.

I hope it's worth it =)
  • ZombieChaser
    Options
    I just wanted to say that this app is the reason I've started running... and I haven't even bought the app yet! A friend of mine was telling me about it and I was like... damn, that sounds fun... but I can't for two minutes let alone thirty! So I started Couch-to-5k a month ago.... just so that I could get in good enough shape to use this app.

I hope it's worth it =)

That is awesome, glad I'm not the only one who's training before I get the app! :)
  • Pixelbark
    Pixelbark Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Downloading this app right now as we speak.

I'm brand new to MFP, so hearing about this is superb. I've never gone running before in my life, so hopefully this will be part of the motivation to keep at it!
  • _canuckrunner_
    Options
    Still having fun evading zombies! Current progress: Mission 12 accomplished, Abel Township Pop 184
  • evilstarburst
    evilstarburst Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've heard of this game, looks like a lot of fun!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

I hope it's worth it =)

That is awesome, glad I'm not the only one who's training before I get the app! :)

haha hubby's just said that we gotta start training to play this!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I finished the last mission and talked about it and this was the response:

"So in Season 1, there are 23 story missions and 7 supply missions in the core game. So far we've released 22 story missions - which means there are 8 more to come, some of which will arrive in the next update. We're also working on further free and paid missions - in fact, we're recording them next week!

Plus there are plenty more tricks we have up our sleeve that we think you'll like..."

Yaaaay, more~!

edit: I also finished with a population of 254, but I'm going to repeat earlier missions until the updates.
  • _canuckrunner_
    Options
    Quick run today. Mission 12, Abel Pop 187
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Throw me on the list for 'the second it comes out on android'
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    My current 'Zombies, Run!' Progress: Thursday April 26th 2012

Mission 15

1.98 miles - 41 minutes

Abel Township Population - 207
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym yesterday instead of running outside and tried it on the treadmill, since they updated it so you can have zombie chases on the accelerometer. It worked great!!
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Ok, when is it coming out on Android? I must have.
  • ZombieChaser
    Options
    Ok, when is it coming out on Android? I must have.

This spring at some point :)