i think its working but dont wanna jinx it lol!

Options
giag09
giag09 Posts: 203 Member
let me first say this is literally the most calories/fat/carbs/protein i have eaten in my life.... in my teens i thought the goal to losing weight was exercising for hours on end and eating a fat free carb free low cal diet.... sure i lost alot of weight i was 209 and went down to 140 in like 6mths, used fat burners and felt like crap i was hungry depressed jittery needlesss to say it wasn't good.... i stopped the fat burners in my twenties and ate healthy i stayed around 138-140... then i had my first son at 24 went a little crazy with weightloss and got down to 126 but barely ate and felt weak ... finally i just had my last baby 5 mths ago got on my fitness pal and am doing it the right way... i log everything i eat increased my calories to be at my TDEE with a 15 % deficit i work out every am lifting circuit training for about 40 min... i feel stronger less hungry and now i weigh about 132 i feel great. i cant wait till the baby is one and i can go to the gym a few days a week and increase my weights ( kids have to be one at my gym day care) i feel too guilty leaving the baby now to go to the becasue i work partime and my hubby has the kids alot since he is a full time fireman while i am at work. this group has showed me you can eat lift and actually eat more when you workout! i learned you need to FUEL your body treat it right and be kind to it!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I think it's working for me too! I think it was about 3 weeks ago I increased my calories just by 200 per day, from 1250 to 1450, and I have lost in those 3 weeks about 5 or 6 pounds after being stuck forever at a plateau.
  • wowmom23
    wowmom23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I noticed that you upped your cals and just may up mine again too :). congrats!!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I think it's working for me too! I think it was about 3 weeks ago I increased my calories just by 200 per day, from 1250 to 1450, and I have lost in those 3 weeks about 5 or 6 pounds after being stuck forever at a plateau.

Hey lady, please take a moment to do your tdee -15% calculation because you will plateau again. When you do, it is time to go up in calories. Keep going up until you hit your cut value. I ate 1200, 1350, and 1500 but couldn't lose. Finally started eating 1800 and more on workout days and lost 7.2lbs, then hit a 4wk plateau...I WENT UP another 100 and after 4wks had a net loss of 1.4lbs ( I sure did shoot up at first). My body adjusted to the new higher calories, and I knew I didn't lose on less calories so my wonderful logic was, let's see what happens if I go up. Whew, glad I did because I sure have come to love eating and feeling so much better energy wise, I don't think I could go back to eating even 1700 calories...lol. So now I am eating 1900 calories, if I choose to have a high cardio day, which I sure did cut back on all the cardio because I had too much of a hard time eating back even to net BMR, it is now much easier for me to eat more. I love it! You couldn't pay me to go back to being miserable eating any less than 1900. I am actually now looking forward to starting a bulk phase in the fall. I will then be eating around 2400-2500 calories to gain .5lb a week. Kiki will be shocked at that one. It was hard eating so much before, but sure isn't half as hard now...lol.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I am actually now looking forward to starting a bulk phase in the fall. I will then be eating around 2400-2500 calories to gain .5lb a week. Kiki will be shocked at that one. It was hard eating so much before, but sure isn't half as hard now...lol.

Very shocked, lol.....and I'm SO missing my 2500 cals right now...your girl is STARVING @1900, lol
  • mabennett
    mabennett Posts: 53
    Options
    i upped my cals two weeks ago to 1400 from 1200 and eating back all my exercise cals. I LOVE EATING!!! i feel better, im not a freakin lunatic around my fam, and i look forward to "what do i get to eat next". so glad i found this thread. wwatchers was killing me on so few cals. i usually was in the red and had to work out like crazy to just to make even and then lose nothing!! lost two lbs in three weeks. i'll take it!
  • mightyafrodyte
    mightyafrodyte Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Just did my weigh in and I lost 2 pounds, without any serious dedicated work outs. I am excited! I will be doing my starting my dedicated workouts this evening.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am eating the cals recommended by the New Rules of Lifting for Women. It's been almost 2 weeks of eating at 1800 on rest days and 2000 on lifting days and the scale hasn't gone up (I am not trying to lose) I just want to tone up and build muscle. It is so weird to eat this much...
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! I've upped to 1800 about 2 weeks now...just waiting for my body to get over the fear of starvation. Awesome to see it's working out for you fine people!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Still working on the upping myself.. went from 1300-1400 up to 1530 for two weeks and this week I am up to 1800. Still struggling somedays to actually eat all my cals, but Im getting there.
  • 31prvrbs
    Options
    Congrats to all of you ladies for taking the (scary!) plunge :happy:
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is working for me yet (it has only been two days after all), but even if it is not, I feel human again. I have energy again, and don't dread getting out of bed and knowing there is a bland breakfast or no breakfast waiting for me. More energy and better mood already, this method has to work... otherwise I'm out of luck!
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am actually now looking forward to starting a bulk phase in the fall. I will then be eating around 2400-2500 calories to gain .5lb a week. Kiki will be shocked at that one. It was hard eating so much before, but sure isn't half as hard now...lol.

Very shocked, lol.....and I'm SO missing my 2500 cals right now...your girl is STARVING @1900, lol

Whew 2500!!! I'm not one to complain about eating more, I LOVE food, but I am sitting here SO stuffed I can hardly move after eating just over 1800 today!! I can't imagine having to pound down 2500!! I would see a lot of olive oil and nut butters in my future if I were you!!! I think I have over done the fiber today that combined with the 130some grams of protein.....ugh!!!
  • 31prvrbs
    Options
    Lol! Yes it's amazing how our bodies step up to the task of processing as much food as we give it. At first 2500 made me feel like a cow, but because I was lifting so heavy, eventually I plateaued @ the higher cal range, & it became second nature ;)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Lol! Yes it's amazing how our bodies step up to the task of processing as much food as we give it. At first 2500 made me feel like a cow, but because I was lifting so heavy, eventually I plateaued @ the higher cal range, & it became second nature ;)

Oh my so very true...I remember 1800 was like WOW, then 1900...and some days I eat 2500 or so because of my burn and man, eating 1900 it is so easy to go over for me now. I am thinking of just going up to 2000...lol