Increasing calories even if NOT weight lifting?

Options
lilmisslanna
lilmisslanna Posts: 104 Member
So I just started increasing calories, but noticed a lot of you are lifting... so if im not lifting should I still be increasing my calories this much? I do cardio about 3 times a week, but have been at a plateau and took the last 2 weeks off.

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    "eating more to lose' is simply numbers really. Calculate your TDEE and take 15-20% off that and you'll have a great starting point. Whether you workout by weights or cardio or nothing- math is math.

I recommend weights because it changes your shape and is important for women to prevent bone density loss among many other things. Cardio is fine too- it's just not the be all end all.

I would calculate your TDEE for your rest week(s) and also do it for your regular workout weeks. Then you'll have two sets of data to pull from and if you need another week off- then you've already done the math and can just concentrate on relaxing.
  • Snubbleup
    Snubbleup Posts: 66
    Options
    Thank you, I was wondering about this as well.
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Thank you for this post...it's reassuring to hear. I was wondering the same thing. Everyone seems to be lifting, so wasn't sure if it would work for someone who isn't. Mind you, I'm at a rest period too and will start being more active (cardio/weights) soon.

Thanks again!

Nadia
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Yep. Gemiwing is on point as usual. Eating more is for anyone. That's why we include calculation methods because everyone's # is individual to them. We don't do the "one-size-fit-all" 1200-1400 around here.

We are all individuals who should eat accordingly ;)

Kiki