Needed: Paleo Friends

Options
ElementalMoe
ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
So, I'm new to Paleo - Only been working at it for 2 weeks (some days are more successful than others). I don't have any friends on MFP who are also living Paleo, and I would love some who I can chat with, help motivate each other, and critique my food diary. Everyone welcome! :)

Replies

• MrsAbles
    MrsAbles Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm new, too, Elemental. I'll send you a request.
  • sarasara42
    Options
    Been going on it for about 2-3 weeks and feeling really good. Found i rarely get food coma, dont' crave sugar... and that was literally a DAILY occurrence for me. I seriously needed chocolate, candy, cookies/brownies, etc of some form every day. Not super strict, i still eat some rice, noodles, or bread... but i do just a few bites vs whole bowls/loafs. Feel free to friend me!
  • BeccaMovinUp
    Options
    I'm fairly new to the Paleo lifestyle, I also IF... feel free to add me!
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request....I have been a Primal slant for 6 months and just finished up a strict 30 day Paleo and plan on sticking with this way of eating (adding back in a few dairy items though...so Primal with a Paleo slant?)

If anyone else wants to "friend" me go right ahead -

My diary is open if anyone wants to peruse it...I have my calories set at 1350 but probably eat up to 1500 a day as i don't record olive and coconut oil unless it is part of a recipie (i.e. if I use a tablespoon to sautee up some veggies I don't count it because not all gets soaked up and I am usually making 3+ servings at a time)

It can be a struggle at times...planning I have found is KEY....either planning out meals or making sure you have stuff on hand to create quick meals...
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am sending you a friend request.

I have been following the primal plan for about three weeks, but it really wasn't much different than what I have been doing for quite a while... I was doing low carb, but eating lots of veggies and some fruit most days. I was already trying to incorporate as much organic/grass fed as the budget would allow, so this plan just adds a few things and removes a few - like my much loved peanut butter! That's ok... I will learn to love almond butter!

I was allowed some sweets on the other plan, so the first week was an adjustment, but amazingly, I didn't die without my sugar! And I am not craving it anymore!

I would be happy to accept a friend request from others too...
  • whatevany
    whatevany Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've been doing primal for a year now, feel free to send me a friend request :smile:
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Been doing paleo over a year ... feel free to friend me. Don't log in the diary anymore though.
  • fieldsy4life
    Options
    7-month Primal guy here. I was very strict up until a month ago. The results I achieved from being strict were incredible - 40-45 pounds down.

I've recently added cottage cheese back and have not been as picky when going to restaurants (I don't ask them to hold the croutons) - although I only really go to restaurants when I'm traveling for work.

It's a great diet but you gotta be strict in the beginning. I immediately noticed an increase in energy throughout the day at work, and was also able to sleep better. Because of the amount of protein you're eating from all the meat, eggs, and nuts, you'll see awesome gains in the gym.

So, in other words, send me a request, check out my diary, and feel free to shoot me a message :)
  • Sofithomas
    Sofithomas Posts: 118
    Options
    Love me some paleo, tastes and feels damm good, had a strict phase last month and literally felt incredible. After the easter festivites tide over i shall be being strict again to remember the nommy naturalnessb:D i love making friends if anyone wants to add!
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! So glad to have some new friends on the same page. :)
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I am sending you a friend request.

I have been following the primal plan for about three weeks, but it really wasn't much different than what I have been doing for quite a while... I was doing low carb, but eating lots of veggies and some fruit most days. I was already trying to incorporate as much organic/grass fed as the budget would allow, so this plan just adds a few things and removes a few - like my much loved peanut butter! That's ok... I will learn to love almond butter!

I was allowed some sweets on the other plan, so the first week was an adjustment, but amazingly, I didn't die without my sugar! And I am not craving it anymore!

I would be happy to accept a friend request from others too...

Try dark chocolate for a touch of sweet if need be...I have 72% dark chocolate from Trader Joes that is good...and 3 squares is perfect for me when I am craving some sweet eats that aren't in the form of fruits
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My family and I have been primal for over six months now; we are always looking for more primal/paleo friends.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I need friends too! I have never actually tried this diet, but have pondered it for a loooooong time now. I always just referred to it as the caveman diet when I talked to people about it. Makes sense, right? Lactose sensitivities? Gluten sensitivities? In theory, we would all be better off without these things in our diets. Now I know what to call it :wink:
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm relatively new to the Paleo/Primal circle as well. I started Paleo January 9th of this year and was strict for the first 3 weeks so I would become fat adapted. Then I switched to Primal my remaining 9 weeks of a Biggest Loser challenge we're doing on FB. I'll be switching back to strict Paleo in a few days to see the difference in how I burn. Some people say weight loss stalls with the addition of dairy and I'm going to test that theory. As a result of switching my plan, I've lost 30+ lbs (weigh-in happens on Sunday) and I know I've lost more. I'm only 13 lbs to goal which is my ideal weight. I have found that my weight loss stalls when carb grams go above 70 for more than a day, so I stick to 50-60 carbs/day while I'm losing. I also have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis so that directly contributes to my metabolism and how my body processes carbs.

Feel free to add me as well :)
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I will send you a friend request. My husband and I have been Paleo for about a month and a half. I am not always strict, we stick pretty closely to the 80% rule, but my diary is open for anyone to see. I agree that it would be nice to have more paleo friendly people added on MFP, so anyone else can add me also.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm new to Paleo too and happy to add people - can you stick a note in the box when you add me please :)
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'd welcome any of y'all's friend requests. Been Primal since Dec 1st...and will be for a very, very long time
  • druidqueen
    Options
    College student trying to be primal...some days are baaad...most of the time I do pretty well though. Been at this since early January this year after trying calorie counting bleh since last summer. Feel free to send me a friend request. :)
  • crossfitterwahine
    crossfitterwahine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'd love more primal friends. Been primal for 2 years, but over-ate even primal foods. MFP has REALLY helped me with my overeating!

Does anyone else daydream about going to Primal Con in socal?
  • mom2tek
    mom2tek Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Try dark chocolate for a touch of sweet if need be...I have 72% dark chocolate from Trader Joes that is good...and 3 squares is perfect for me when I am craving some sweet eats that aren't in the form of fruits
    [/quote]

I've only been Primal/Paleo for about 4 weeks. So still much to learn and would also love some new friends. I'm constantly reading about it. I'm still not strict with it yet. I'd say I'm maybe 90% of my diet is there. Getting my family that way is alot harder and works only at dinner time. But I'm loving it and how I feel. I've lost an additional 6 pounds this months since going primal. This is the best I've felt in a very long time. I don't crave anything nearly as much. If I do I'll have some Greek yogurt mixed with peanut butter (love peanut butter) that I keep in the freezer and that does the trick. Ohh... once in a while I'll also allow myself 1 piece of dark chocolate.